Director of IT and Systems Administration
Playa Vista, California - United States of AmericaApply Now Apply Later
Job ID R10007843 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business FoxNext Date posted 21/11/2019
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFoxNextWe are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
FoxNext Games is looking for a Director of IT to support a robust, growing games development and publishing organization.
This role is responsible for the complete IT service operation for FoxNext Games including FoxNext Games Los Angeles, Fogbank Entertainment in San Francisco, Cold Iron Studios in San Jose and the Publishing and Central Operations organizations. The Director will enable and optimize services delivered by the central Fox organization along with a suite of services offered by 3rd party providers for FoxNext Games. The scope of the IT service spans Security, Systems Administration and general Help Desk services.
This role will interface with all parts of the organization from Game Development, Executive Management, Publishing, Central Tech, Finance, Legal and more. The Director will supervise a team of 3 ~ 5 employees located in either Los Angeles or San Francisco. This position reports directly to the FoxNext Games COO.
- Account administration for a variety of services including Active Directory, OKTA, Google Apps, DUO, Slack, BOX, etc.
- Manage the most effective security policy for network, hardware and software
- Manage a group of IT professionals to support staff in 3 different locations, providing mentorship/guidance day to day as well as plan training for mid and long term growth trajectory
- Partner with Central FOX IT to manage all aspects of IT infrastructure - office security protocol, in-office server infrastructure, network infrastructure and security to comply with FOX policies
- Source, deploy and continuously manage all company issued equipment for FoxNext Games including desktop and laptop computers, mobile phones and tablets, office printers, projectors and TV’s
- Escalation point for Help Desk and Data/Content Security
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology or Engineering, Masters preferred.
- 9+ years of experience managing significant breadth of formal IT infrastructure operations in a midsize organization
- Experience budgeting for the IT needs of an organization of 200 ~ 500 people
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of staff (5+)
- Proficiency with a wide array of services for a software developer including Perforce, Windows Servers, VMWare, Casper, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; good presentation skills for meetings and executive settings
- Experience working at a startup organization preferred
Your Career Progression
You are the head of IT within FoxNext Games, working closely with the COO and various operations leaders as well as the CTO and Central Tech Organization. You will plan and develop the optimal and most productive IT service solutions for FoxNext Games working in partnership with FoxNext Games leadership and the central IT partners at 21st Century Fox.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FoxNext, which is part of a business segment we call FoxNext.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.