Point Richmond, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 776166BR Location Point Richmond, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 16, 2021
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service, in 2019 featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Disney+ service serves as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases. We’re looking for talented individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking and experimentation. Being part of a driven and enthusiastic team on a growing product, you will get to make a direct material impact on the future of Disney+.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Product Manager, reporting to the Senior Director, Product, for Disney+ in San Francisco or New York City. This individual will focus on supporting the Disney+ product team in internal cross functional responsibilities needed to work in a dynamic collaborative corporate environment.
- Responsible for supporting product management activities for one or more products groups within Disney+ Product.
- Work within the wider Disney corporation on activities related to but not directly impacting the Disney+ product for subscribers.
- Conducts technical and market research to support product managers.
- May have some product management accountability for smaller products or product enhancements.
- You develop a relationship with all Disney+ team members to support the various needs of the different groups and individual personalities.
- You represent the Disney+ product team and build and manage relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- You develop a reputation of someone that can be counted on to deliver.
- You set expectations and manage overall work assignments with clear communication to stakeholders on assigned tasks.
- You escalate problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- You take the feedback and knowledge from working across the broad team to suggest and develop new processes to allow Product Leads to focus on critical subscriber driven outcomes for Disney+ v. internal management.
- Passion for Digital Video Products with an interest in the fast changing Television and Movie landscape.
- Demonstrates proficiency in some areas of the Product Management job.
- Typically has 0 to 2 years of related experience.
- Typically requires a college or university degree or the equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to the job of Product Management.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.