Corp Comm InternApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738676BR Location Quarry Bay, Eastern, Hong Kong Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 17, 2020
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Communications team, who is charged with building the image and reputation of The Walt Disney Company in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Assist on delivering Company communications agenda in the local media community to enhance Disney’s corporate reputation and build knowledge of the business.
- Coordinating the communications of Disney’s various lines of business.
- Areas of support will include, but not be limited to external communications, internal communications, citizenship, branding, crisis communications and administrative support.
- Potential projects and support activities may include:
- Assist in updating the communications calendar and implementation of communications plan
- External communications – News monitoring/ assist in drafting / translating / proof reading press releases and other external materials; maintain editorial calendars; keep track of speaking opportunities
- Internal communications – Assist in drafting internal memos and organizing cast events
- B2B Newsletter – Assist in content writing, editing, image editing, layout, HTML editing
- Infographics – Propose concept, content, design, layout
- Research – Assist in updating media database; research influencers/bloggers across different platforms to leverage for social and traditional media campaigns
- Citizenship – Work with internal teams and third party agencies to implement the Company’s citizenship initiatives
- Works on additional special projects as assigned
- Provide administrative support to the team
Basic Qualifications:Qualifications / other skills
- Currently an undergraduate 3rd/4th year student enrolled in a local university
- Translation or Communications major preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and on a stand-alone basis required
- Creative / Takes Initiative / Innovative / Resourceful
- Committed to excellence
- Excellent co-ordination and communication skills
- Able to work in a highly innovative and dynamic environment
- Ability to interact confidently with senior executives and media
- Matrix organization that requires strong internal communications skills to work with Asian leadership team
Other requisites, languages
- Native Cantonese language ability (written and spoken)
- Fluency in English and some Mandarin an advantage
- PC skills(general) Powerpoint, keynote and Photoshop essential
- Video editing skill preferred
Additional Information:Working Relationships
- TWDC Communications teams across Asia
- Teams from across lines of business (LOB) and Walt Disney International Hong Kong (WDI)
- Media (local)
- Stakeholder partners (Citizenship + Chambers of Commerce/Industry associations)
- Licensee and their public relations agencies
- Design companies
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).