Already applied?View Dashboard
Lead Designer / Design Manager (Contract)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 646596BR Location Quarry Bay, Eastern, Hong Kong SAR Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 11, 2019
Job Summary:In charge in product design and development process from artwork creative to finished product with focus on fashion and home categories.
- To work closely with licensees, category managers and Creative Directors in developing new product lines
- To involve in the approval process for in house approvals of licensees so as to ensure Disney’s standards are upheld.
- To give design advise/suggestions internally to category Managers and externally to existing and prospective licensees on quality concepts and designs for their product, so as to increase the revenue for the Company.
- To initiate and perform product line reviews, and new licensees’ induction meetings on a regular basis.
- To provide support in marketing program / tie-in promotions, artworks & special project assigned.
- To supervise and direct Local Content characters/design usage in products, print materials, advertising and promotional and retail projects.
- To build and add into existing library and manage the distribution of art resources, i.e. style guides, art portfolios and brand manuals received from head office
- To update and revise the manual for Category Managers and licensees on Disney character usage, brand knowledge and product approval procedures
- To recruit and train freelance character artists, designers well versed in Disney standards for referral to licensees
- To perform any and all other duties, as may from time to time be assigned from management team
- 5+ years experience with relevant design work in fashion, accessories or home deco; preferably with international company.
- Bi-lingual English and Mandarin
- Strong product knowledge for softline products
- Frequent travel to Guangdong, or head office in Shanghai
- Computer skills on PC, Macintosh, and any related tools, e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Presentation Skills in Keynote or PowerPoint
- Creativity and aesthetics in Fashion / graphic design
- Strong presentation skill to present ideas and concepts
- Excellent co-ordination and communication skills
- Product/market/trend research skills
- Team player + strong work ethics
- Business integrity + professional attitude
- Design sense + high taste level
- Committed to excellence
- Attention to detail
- A creative flair and be able to work in a highly innovative and dynamic environment
- University graduate in Fashion / Graphic Design
Additional Information:It is a Contract Position
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.