Manager, DesignApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725591BR Location Quarry Bay, Eastern, Hong Kong Business Disney Licensing Date posted Nov. 19, 2019
Disney Park, Experience & Product (DPEP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that extends Disney, Pixar, Marvel, StarWars, Fox and Nat-Geo brands to merchandise ranging from fashion, beauty, stationery, toys, consumer electronics, home decor, books to food and beverages as well as digital products like games.
- Lead plush toy development across all Disney brands for APAC region by managing OEM manufacturer.
- Actively drive all aspects of plush toy development - from trend research, design strategy, design development, process, product quality management, brand assurance to final product.
- Work closely with category managers and creative director in developing new product lines.
- Update and revise the manual for category managers on Disney characters' usage, franchise creative strategy, brand knowledge and product approval procedures.
- Develop creative presentation deck for global and local communication and business pitch.
- Provide support in marketing program/tie-in promotions, artworks & special project assigned.
- Recruit and train freelance character artists, designers well versed in Disney standards for special projects.
- Creative, out-of-the-box visionary capable of bringing forth innovative ideas and concepts that deliver strong results.
- Exceptional eye for detail, sensitivity to the consumer experience and passion for the Disney brand.
- Equipped with strong project management, analytic skills and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must possess high level of enthusiasm and be a strong team player.
- Strong leadership is really necessary and experience as a team leader is plus.
- Business integrity + professional attitude.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the audience.
- International experience is plus and ability to adapt to different cultures with open mind is required.
- Willing to travel, locations include head office in Shanghai.
- 10+ years working experience with relevant design area or relevant industry as a product designer; preferably with international company or international design agency
- Bi-lingual: fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Graduate degree in Product Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or a related field
- A portfolio showcasing ability in product and graphic design skills
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.