Paralegal SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 781878BR Location Quarry Bay, Hong Kong Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 07, 2021
- Support the Greater China Legal team with preparation and review of:
- dual language (English and Chinese) contracts and legal documents; and
- dual language (English and Chinese) business correspondence.
- Prepare and revise agreements, forms and templates related to operation of digital media platforms and television channels, production and distribution of films, television programs and other audio-visual content as well as their marketing and promotion; maintain and update a database of precedents and templates.
- Regulatory filing and corporate administration tasks including preparation and collection of documents and submission of documents to government authorities under instructions from the Greater China Legal team.
- Liaising with and between group companies, internal and external company secretaries, IP specialists and local authorities on corporate secretarial and intellectual property matters and managing and applying various corporate seals and stamps.
- Research and analysis related to rights, chain-of-title and clearance matters.
- Legal research tasks and other administrative functions and processing support for other members of the Greater China Legal team.
- Respond to routine enquiries from content sales, finance, tax and marketing colleagues.
- Contract administration tasks including arranging execution, chopping, filing and archiving of original agreements (hard copy and electronic filing), and distribution of approved contracts, forms, certificates and other legal documents to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Legal billing administration including internal coordination and liaising with law firms’ billing departments
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Other ad-hoc projects as required by the Greater China Legal team.
- University graduate
- Candidates with a degree in Laws are preferred
- Candidates with a legal qualification are preferred
- Candidates with experience within the television/media/entertainment industry preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience as a paralegal or contract administrator in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Candidates must have comprehensive knowledge of legal terminology and an understanding of the operations and functions of a corporate legal department
- English-Chinese translation experience including preparation and review of bilingual documentation
- Computer proficiency and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Systematic, punctual and hardworking with excellent organisational skills
- Fluency in English language is essential; Chinese (written and spoken) a significant advantage
- Strong communication and analytical skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality
- Independent, detail-oriented and self-motivated as well as a good team player
- Suitable balance of initiative and discretion, active problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle simultaneous functions
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Additional Information:WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Works under the supervision of senior and junior lawyers of the Legal department.
- Close working relationships with other colleagues in the Greater China Legal department.
- Working relationships with various internal clients and stakeholders, including content acquisition, content sales and media colleagues, production colleagues, tax, finance, technology, marketing, content protection and anti-piracy.
- While this role primarily supports the Greater China Legal team and internal stakeholders, daily work may also involve contact with vendors, licensees, distribution platforms, providers of professional services and other external parties.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).