Senior Manager, Licensing SalesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 716377BR Location Quarry Bay, Eastern, Hong Kong Business Disney Licensing Date posted Nov. 04, 2019
- Maximise sales and earned revenue across Hong Kong and APAC markets, covering a wide portfolio of licensees & products.
- Maximise the breath of product within the category, to reach all consumer demographics (Boys, Girls, Adults, gifting/occasions)
- Manage specific local and APAC contract negotiation with licensees & distributors to maximise Disney royalty revenue. Support General Manager in contract negotiation (where required).
- Manage detailed records of individual licensee contracts, to include renewals, amendments, termination and financial reporting.
- Develop and maintain existing partners to ensure continued business growth targets are achieved.
- Drive for alignment with licensees on annual plan to include plans for retail distribution, sales growth brand support, aim to achieve and exceed target.
- Develop strategic recommendations and implement financial plans for new business via the ‘Annual Operating Plan’ and 5-year strategic plan for each sub-category & franchise.
- Work closely with the other managers within the Regional Licensing Sales team to coordinate products & launches with licensees across categories.
- Engage effectively with the Creative team on product development, including range planning, brainstorms & development.
- Day-to-day management of licensee & plush distributor base (Regional and Global).
- Maintain excellent relationships with all partners and communicate new product launches on a regular basis. Facilitate license business meetings to showcase new product ideas, style guides and brand updates.
- Establish a good working relationship with other Disney counterparts to ensure regular communication flow on latest initiatives & ongoing liaison regarding joint/global licensees.
- Work with relevant team leaders within the Company to facilitate effective and efficient communication, ensuring business requirements are fulfilled in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Basic Qualifications:Experience and Professional Qualifications Required:
- Degree in business or marketing related subject is preferred
- 8-10 years experience in the toy industry or related field and have strong sales track record
- Experience of retail buying and/or the licensed industry
- Experience in deal structuring and negotiating
- Experience in logistics industry is an advantage
- Strong presentation, communication, networking and influencing skills, able to craft and deliver presentations at senior level and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Strong analytical and numerical skills. Financial acumen and the ability to analyse data and construct practical conclusions/recommendations
- Driven and strong team play
- Computer literate including use of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Apple keynote useful.
- Fluent English is essential and proficient in Cantonese and Mandarin. Knowledge in other Asian languages are beneficial, but not a must
- A passion for toys, knowledge of product sourcing and the plush category would be useful
- Sales driven
- Thinks strategically - Develops clear and consistent strategies to achieve objectives with own categories. Leverages synergy opportunities across TWDC.
- Builds relationships - Establishes strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively - Obtains full engagement through inspiring communications. Effectively persuades others to support ideas and plans.
- Drives Results - Translates strategy into specific priorities, objectives and action plans. Analyses problems effectively and takes action to resolve.
- Role involves frequent travel: when required willing to travel regularly in order to engage directly with partners
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.