Assoc Video Streaming Engineer (Part-Time)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 637317BR Location Raleigh, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney+ family entertainment streaming service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
This is an entry level position on our Media Delivery live team, which is responsible for the encoding, and delivery of, media content across a vast portfolio. It is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start a career in the live streaming space, while working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and sophisticated technical environment. While there will be plenty of on-the-job training, the ideal candidate would have some background in audio/video production technologies, IT system administration and streaming media delivery protocols, including HTTP Live Streaming.
This position can be located in either New York City or Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Operational support of video and audio live encoding appliances
- Primary troubleshooting of encoding platforms
- Deployment and daily management of live encoding appliances
- Active monitoring of live encoding appliances on a nightly basis
- Basic knowledge of live acquisition and OTT encoding distribution workflows for live events and linear channels
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve issues in a live production environment
- Ability to work in both Mac and Windows environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Basic Linux command line skills
- Understanding of Windows logs, services and registry
- Knowledge of IP video delivery protocols (HLS, MPEG-TS via multicast, RTMP, DASH)
- Basic understanding of Video compression codecs
- Basic understand IP Networking
- Knowledge of video delivery over the leading content distribution networks (e.g., Akamai, Level3, etc.)
- Experience working with an enterprise, or workstation, encoding solution such as, AWS Elemental, Ateme Titan, Wowza, Harmonic, Cisco AnyRes Live
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.