Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WTVD-TV (ABC11) Local News Internship, Remote - Summer 2021Apply NowApply Later Job ID 773806BR Location Raleigh, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 19, 2021
ABC11 has a variety of internship opportunities available year-round to currently enrolled college students pursuing careers in TV/Broadcasting and other related fields.
Our internship program is designed to provide students with an educational experience that complements their academic studies and provides an opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operation of the television station.
The objective is to enhance the student's understanding of the broadcasting business and to reinforce their desire to further pursue a career in broadcasting.
- Work closely with reporters, producers and the digital team
- Log interviews with use of Dalet
- Set up interviews
- Submit FOIAs
- Help find digital original stories
- Write to television and digital
- Meet virtually with reporter once a week to go over plans/ideas
- Knowledge of how to log interviews, screen calls, and emails
- Some editorial experience on rooting out a story
- Strong verbal communication skills to talk to callers
- Strong background in writing
- Judgment of what may or may not be an investigation
- Local market knowledge and awareness
- Previous experience with an internship at a TV station important
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Must be able to work remotely for the duration of the internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.