Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Commercial Manager – Food, Health, Beauty, Pets + SportingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 684189BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Job Summary:To support the Senior Commercial Manager across the Food, Health, Beauty, Pets + Sporting category portfolios within the Australian and New Zealand (ANZ) market. To drive and manage own portfolio of categories and licensees in line with the Senior Category Managers direction. The role will also provide administrative support to Senior Category Managers and the broader Hardlines team when required.
-This is a 12 month maternity leave cover
- Manage licensee financial reporting within the required quarterly timelines
- Assist the Senior Commercial Manager on delivering financial goals
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in managing Franchise and Category deliverables
- Manage partner’s compliance with Disney guidelines and ensure the integrity of the Disney brands is upheld
- Maintain and administer licensee contracts consistent with DPEP policy and procedures.
- Coordinate contract information between contract admin team, legal, finance, category managers, & licensees
- Lead a portfolio of licensees across the Beauty, Pets + Sporting Category
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager across the broader FHB business
- Prepare and execute strategic category reviews across lead categories aligned with ANZ strategic plan
- Employ category analytics within Franchise and Category responsibilities
- Work with licensee base to develop regular reporting of category data and insights
- Provide licensee base with category insights to assist in product development and increased sales
- Develop Disney Franchises as the leading licensed Brands within each key category
- Work with the other ACM’s and CM’s to ensure all relevant reporting and royalty collections take place in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure licensees follow approval process correctly including providing production samples
- Follow up any missing OPA approvals which come to light during royalty reporting
- Establish and maintain relationships with the licensee base, ensuring Disney’s Brands are leveraged within our partners of choice.
- Deliver on the ‘Disney Premium’ position
- Foster new relationships to drive new business opportunities
- Maintain an approachable, open and positive perception of DPEP with external partners
- Partner with the retail brand development team to build and execute strong, industry leading programs
- Maximise key annual retail events through product and Franchise leadership
- Engage and build strong relationships with buyers ensuring strong support for DPEP programs
- Maintain a good understanding of industry dynamics, trends and competitive insights
- Identify opportunities for future growth for DPEP Royalty Reporting
- On-board any new licensees regarding the royalty reporting process and train them on this process, and support the wider team to do this for their new licensees
- Ensure royalty reports received on-time. Check for errors and send back to licensee for correction
- Send all royalty reports to Regional Office for processing in time for month/quarter close
- Maintain forecasting templates and contacts
- Ensure forecasts are received on time, completed correctly and tracking sheet kept up to date
- Obtain forecasting figures from licensees and enter into Invision where required
- Support and provide administrative duties for the broader Hardlines and DPEP team
- Ensure licensees are made aware of relevant opportunities and franchise communications
- Work with other ACM’s to Liaise with Studios, Publishing, Disney Junior/Channel and Franchise to manage all promos, and marketing opportunities i.e. DVD inserts, theatrical flyers, samples for events, Mac Truck samples, magazines, Facebook etc.
- Building presentations for new business pitch meeting, internal use & for licensees
- Assisting in dollar day events
- 1-2 years experience as an Assistant Manager or Executive preferred
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Marketing
- 3+ years’ experience in Brand Management/Licensing/Account Management
- Financial management experience with relation to forecasting and budgeting
- Good understanding of retail environment, Grocery preferred
- Strong communication & presentation skills, confident in new business pitch meetings
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint/Key Note skills
- Ability to build strong and meaningful relationships both internally and externally
- Highly motivated and able to work autonomously as required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High attention to detail
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.