Already applied?View Dashboard
Category Manager - Disney LivingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 532214BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted 04/05/2018
Job Summary:An amazing opportunity to join the Consumer Products team on a 10 month fixed term contract working within the Disney Living category with the responsibility of managing “For My Home” and “Kids & Learning” portfolio. Align with key partners to develop product and marketing solutions for retail elevating Disney, Marvel and Star Wars products for a consumer focussed strategy. Build strong retail relationships to maximise category potential and support the Softlines director in achieving the category and franchise goals. To work collaboratively across various business units to support the Softlines team and broader DCP needs.
Responsibilities:Business development and analysis
- Partner with the Softlines Director to deliver DCP revenue targets and strategic recommendations
- Partner with Softlines Director to support strategic planning/business development initiatives, (including implementation of plans) to ensure growth targets are achieved.
- Become a category expert (product, consumer and marketplace) through continual analysis (sales, market share, range/sku performance, competitor and retailer analysis etc.) to identify and recommend revenue opportunities.
- Act as a primary contact point for the apparel and accessories licensing categories for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Day to day management of the licensee base to maximise business opportunities – including contract negotiation, adherence and termination as required.
- Track financial performance of softlines licensees and follow up accordingly on next steps
- Manage joint business planning and business review process with key licensees and retail partners to support delivery of softlines growth and efficiency targets.
- Manage key licensees in accordance with legal, category and branding requirements
Product and Marketing
- Maximise the sales and earned revenue potential of softlines licensing categories by covering a specific portfolio of partners and products
- Work closely with the creative team on licensee product development, including range planning and creative workshops.
- Work closely with all category mangers in the Licensing team to coordinate ranges and launches with licensees across categories. Brief product and franchise marketing opportunities to the DCP marketing team for support and execution
- Review pre-production samples for softlines licensing categories for quality assurance
- Serve as a Disney brand ambassador to deliver the highest quality licensed merchandise, licensee marketing initiatives, and brand standards.
- A minimum of 5 years product/brand marketing experience (Fashion/apparel or homewares experience essential)
- Demonstrated experience in marketing/sales
- Demonstrated experience in Licensing
- Ability to work within and support a small team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Well versed in business planning and strong financial acumen
- Excellent product sensibility with specific experience in soft lines
- Highly collaborative and optimistic nature
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives/issues simultaneously
- Desire to work in an environment chasing intense growth and high standards and a willingness to work hard and have fun!
- Tertiary qualification/Degree in Business, Commerce or a related field
- 10 month fixed term contract
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.