Already applied?View Dashboard
Design ExecutiveApply Now Apply Later Job ID 702325BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 05, 2019
Responsibilities:The Design Executive will oversee designs from initial concept through final construction.
- Bring the environmental design expertise to the team
- Be responsible for developing projects in line with broader creative direction
- Develop concepts, design intent briefs, drawings, materials selections, presentations, models, and call-outs to help communicate project information to vendors and stakeholders
- Support various business areas as needed in the development and presentation of creative ideas
- Support the creative manager across the board including design of various pitch documents and high level keynote presentations, both internal and external
- Work closely with various stakeholders to negotiate the best execution against projects timelines, budgets and other constraints
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating creative and architectural design issues with project team
- Collaborating with team to problem-solve design solutions in order to achieve project goals/objectives
- Integrating multiple disciplines to ensure that the design is achieved successfully
- Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation such as plans/sections/elevations, 3D visualization, and general project coordination.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in themed entertainment or related design field
- Understanding of architectural design process and environmental storytelling
- A relentless drive and passion for innovation and new ideas, and true understanding of what the Disney brand represents
- Overseeing the output of external vendor designers as required
- Working knowledge and experience in the use of construction materials and products for thematic applications
- Demonstrated thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in solving complex area development problems
- Demonstrated proficiency in CADD and digital illustration tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch Up
- Working knowledge/skills in 3D software tools
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, and to prioritise and allocate work in order to meet delivery deadlines
- Strong team player, with an ability to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.