Already applied?View Dashboard
Group Sales Manager - ESPN, Disney Media Sales & PartnershipsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 641991BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 21, 2019
Job Summary:The Group Sales Manager’s primary purpose is to sell Disney & ESPN’s television and digital advertising products in the Melbourne, Adelaide & Perth markets. The role comprises of formulating and implementing strategies designed to deliver revenue growth across both agency and direct clients, in line with overarching Disney ESPN strategic goals. The Group Sales Manager will liaise with local and International teams to improve and deliver campaigns for advertisers and will be the key point of contact for ad sales in the Victorian, South Australian & West Australian markets.
- Accountability and responsibility for all Victorian, South Australian & West Australian advertising sales budgets across all Disney & ESPN broadcast & digital assets. This includes reporting and delivering against KPI’s across relevant and agreed metrics.
- Identify and build relationships with strategically important advertising agents, media consultants and marketers as part of an industry network
- Think creatively and respond to media briefs with highly integrated concepts that connect with the target audience
- Work with existing client base to drive significant year-on-year revenue increases on annual partnerships across all platforms.
- Identify and develop innovative opportunities for new business outside core advertiser categories, and diversify client base
- Identify and negotiate complex, long term partnership agreements
- Liaise with media agencies and direct clients on a daily basis
- Response to briefs often with same-day turnaround times
- Assist in the development of the Disney ESPN sales business plan and strategies
- Create and update sales collateral when required
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly reports for the Sales Department and relevant Disney ESPN management
- Contribute suggestions, feedback and personal experiences of the sales process to the team for improvement
- Attend meetings, conferences, training and industry functions as required and requested
- Work closely with the National Sales Manager to identify local market opportunities
- Manage, lead, motivate and coach sales team members in group to deliver superior revenue outcomes
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across all areas of the business
- Provide insight and feedback on relevant market activity and trends to the National Sales Manager
- Continually educate colleagues across the business about the sales process and opportunities/challenges to achieve complete buy-in to this critical function
Client Servicing Responsibilities
- Keep clients/ad agencies informed of new advertising opportunities
- Act as a trusted adviser to clients
- Client relationships - maintain weekly/monthly contact with clients
- Update CRM with all client activities
- Communicate with clients on their day-to-day requirements
- Ensure that all billing is recorded before billing cycles in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure agency and client creative materials are sent to Creative Solutions and technology teams with a reasonable timeframe to implement campaigns
- Clear & Accurate communication with implementation & technology teams to deliver on client requests – both active & upcoming Ensure all reporting is in place for the period of the campaign and report to agencies on the performance of campaigns
- A minimum of 5 years + management experience in media sales.
- A minimum of 3 years in broadcast/digital sales role
- Strong relationships with major Melbourne media agencies (specifically online and/or TV Account Directors)
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales forecasts and tightly managing sales budgets
- Experience of working in a matrix/cross cultural/media organisation preferred
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Advanced solution sales skills
- Tenacious proactive approach to new business
- Solid understanding of the Australian media (agency) landscape
- Ability to effectively manage a sales pipeline (from end to end)
- Strong presentation and sales skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (PowerPoint, Excel & Word)
- Strong attention to detail
- Logical and lateral thinker. Highly developed strategic thinking, problem-solving skills and creative skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills to ensure all priorities and multiple deadlines are met
- A strong team player who contributes to an environment that embraces innovation
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal
Additional Information:This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then apply now!
Applications will be reviewed and Interviews may take place prior to closure date for applications. To give yourself the best chance of selection, please do not leave your application to the application ‘close’ date. Please note that any successful offer of employment is subject to satisfactory results from background verification.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Australia Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.