Already applied?View Dashboard
ILS AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636689BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 11, 2019
Job Summary:The ILS Program helps foster safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces wherever Disney-branded products are produced. The ILS department has more than 100 people in 12 countries focused on policy development, education, monitoring, remediation, external stakeholder engagement and communication.
The ILS Analyst reports to the Manager and is the key contact point to all Licensee/Vendors/Business Units in the relevant market/s. The ILS Analyst is responsible for communicating ILS program requirements to internal business units, addressing ILS related concerns raised by business unit contacts and licensees/vendors, delivering and explaining ILS communication related audit findings, supporting development and implementation of reporting, maintaining accurate factory and licensee/vendor information in the ILS database. The ILS Analyst also provides assistance to the local office Regional Management (RM) team across Asia Pacific region through supporting the ILS Manager/APAC super user who operates as a regional reference point of contact for the APAC region.
Responsibilities:Relationship Management – Disney Consumer Products (DCP) and Other Business Units
- Act as a liaison between the business unit and International Labor Standards (ILS) on ILS matters
- Deliver and (when needed) explain ILS related communication to business units and licensees/vendors
- Communicate and educate business units, Licensees/Vendors on International Labor Standards (ILS) program requirements and processes, including capacity building with Facilities
- Address inquiries from Licensees/Vendors and business groups regarding ILS reports, ILS audits, Corrective Action Plan (CAP) letters and other ILS communication
- Manage receipt of ILS audits received from business unit contacts or licensees/vendors
- Work with DCP contract management to maintain accurate and up to date licensee information (to support audit scheduling and ILS communication)
- Support special projects as needed
- Maintain accurate licensee, factory and relationship information in the ILS database
- Deliver executed FAMA forms to business groups, licensees and vendors to authorize production of Disney branded merchandise
- Liaise with DCP contract management to gather contract details to execute FAMA documentation
- Manage reporting activities – ie. for accommodations and breaches
- Maintain the APAC global library and educate
- APAC regional management team members on how to utilize the
- APAC global library
- Manage the APAC Regional Analyst monthly reports and support the ILS Manager through generating regular reports
- Assist in establishing and maintaining APAC related training documentations
- Support the ILS Manager in coordinating translation documents for APAC region (languages including Korean, Japanese, Thai, Chinese traditional, Chinese Simplified)Support the APAC Super User with ILS database testing
- Assist the APAC Super User where required with ILS database trouble shooting upon
- Support special projects as needed
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills - Ability to comfortably interact and clearly communicate with individuals at all levels
- Good organizational/prioritization skills and ability to work to deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a part of a team.
- Proficiency in databases and Microsoft applications including word, excel, power point and outlook
- Four to five years business experience in a corporate setting 4-Year Degree in social compliance, business, communication, or related field
- Prior Relationship management experience
- Prior Program or Process Management experience
- International business experience
- Knowledge of social compliance standards such as SA8000 or equivalent
Additional Information:- 9 month Fixed Term Contract
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.