Already applied?View Dashboard
Marketing Manager – StudiosApply Now Apply Later Job ID 532869BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Walt Disney International Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 04/05/2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced Marketing manager to join our Studios team on a 12 month contract to manage the Movie/Content release through its theatrical and physical in-home windows to maximise revenue and net contribution for the Studio.
- Develop marketing campaigns for key Studio titles throughout the lifecycle (theatrical and in-home).
- Title/Content local strategy and creative positioning.
- P & L and budget ownership responsibility, driving maximum revenue and efficiency for TWDC.
- Create broader TWDC revenue opportunities through a one team/one vision approach.
- Develop a solid understanding of the exhibition/retail landscape and collaborate as a team to deliver “over and above” commercial partnerships and results.
- Work closely to co-manage support resource (Marketing Executive) in creating credible and commercial marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities:Champion content/titles across TWDC:
- Be a title expert, collating essential knowledge for the wider business and Studio team.
- Constantly communicate and share product knowledge/insight with the key stakeholders to develop grounded broad opinion. Excite and drive interest in content/product within the Studio team and wider TWDC where relevant, e.g. Consumer Sales/Licensing.
Build a business rationale and P & L for key theatrical and in-home title releases:
- Using bench-mark analysis and internal expertise to build a solid business case for BO and home entertainment targets.
- Create a realistic P & L to achieve AOP targets where feasible and ensuring business approval.
- Develop and agree SKU and scheduling strategy for all product life stages.
- Work closely with the Marketing teams to develop a robust marketing campaign to effectively maximise our internal resources and drive owned and earned media.
- Engage the Theatrical Sales team to maximise revenue opportunities and drive BO growth for Disney.
- Work closely with the Consumer Sales Team, develop strategies for maximising Home Entertainment sales out whilst maintaining operational and business efficiencies e.g. SKU management.
- Build consumer interest and awareness in our Digital title availability e.g. digital copy and iTunes
- Conduct full financial review and publish learnings for all key titles e.g. >$5m BO.
Drive Local Marketing Campaigns:
- Develop strategic plan for your titles using global insight and local country knowledge/data where relevant and available. Determine initial creative positioning using key stakeholders and collective experience
- Create key marketing and creative milestones to maximise the title awareness in-theatre and at retail.
- Work with Global team to create an ideal timeline for materials delivery at all stages of the product lifecycle.
Brief and engage Media Agency and Marketing teams in title strategy together to create and implement a campaign plan:
- Create and deliver a Media and Marketing brief highlighting budget, core bench-mark titles and key title objectives. Aim to brief + 5 mos prior to release.
- Brief Media agency and respond to proposal in collaboration with media team
- Select/adapt creative executions to deliver to the objectives and aligned with campaign direction. Work closely with Publicity and digital teams to drive creative direction.
- Work closely with the Marketing Communications and Digital teams to develop a key milestones plan to drive consumer awareness and interest through to launch.
- Review campaign elements for titles >$5m BO plus any unique campaign highlights or media firsts for Disney. Assess relevant ROI as a team and recommend learnings.
Focus on Digital and Social Marketing:
- Become an expert in the Digital and Social Marketing space, acquiring, collating and sharing up to date and essential knowledge for the Studio team.
- Build a bank of knowledge drawing on industry, local and international best practise.
- Work closely with local Digital and Social team, International Digital and Social Marketing teams and local agencies to craft unique campaigns that are innovative and digital firsts for Disney that run across Studios.
Review, interpret and provide key strategic title insights:
- Provide strategic direction on timely basis and provide feedback to global team
- Use insights to drive intelligence for title marketing campaigns and post campaigns reviews
- Build a relationship with the Global team and create conversation to raise local needs, sharing information, results and best practise.
- Solid marketing experience (8+ years)
- Motion pictures and/or home entertainment marketing experience is essential.
- Proven ability to develop clear marketing strategy using strategic analysis and frameworks, and effectively communicating and gaining buy-in on developed strategy.
- Proven identification, development and delivery of significant innovative and value-add initiatives to the business.
- Solid experience in initiating and advocating cross-functional and cross-business projects, including assembling resources, defining project plan and key deliverables, obtaining buy-in and driving projects to successful completion.
- Significant project leadership and management of marketing programs.
- Solid experience in online social marketing and digital landscape.
- Proven ability in budget management and cost control.
- Communication and engagement with top-level management.
- Cross-functional/cross-business team engagement and matrix environment working and reporting.
- Solid experience with, and knowledge of, new technology trends and new content distribution technologies and platforms.
- Working and dealing with a corporate environment from a remote (ex Head Office) location.
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or related discipline
- 12 month fixed term contract
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.