Media and Marketing Strategy Director - Marvel, Disney+, Pixar, Nat Geo & SearchlightApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10078641 Location Richmond, Australia Business The Walt Disney Company (APAC) Date posted Feb. 09, 2024
Wherever you are in the amazing world of Disney, you are contributing to the stories of our iconic brands, recognised by audiences everywhere for entertainment, information and inspiration. Innovation, imagination and inclusion are at the core of Disney, defining the experience that we deliver as well as providing the foundation of our success. The scope of our business, combined with global growth and collaboration result in an inclusive employee experience characterised by continuous learning, development and achievement.
A fantastic Leadership opportunity has become available to join Disney as a Media and Marketing Strategy Director. This role will be the strategic lead on all brands in their portfolio—managing the content pipeline and challenges, setting the strategic vision, and proactively surfacing opportunities. The Media and Marketing Strategy Director will set strategic direction for their brands via high quality outputs across research, insight development and creative ideation, using our research tools and platforms to create actionable insights for the marketing of our brands and content.
The Media and Marketing Strategy Director will be responsible for developing and executing an effective, data-led media strategy that maximizes the visibility, reach, and connectivity of the brands in their portfolio. They will lead the process of strategic media planning/execution, manage and supervise the brand and content and campaign leads in day to day media management while also serving as a resource for the team.
You will be a strategic thinker, who can divorce the detail and set out clear thinking and will be able to translate strategic direction into executional guidance for audience, channel selection and key themes. They will be required to collaborate with internal teams and partners to build and execute on strategic recommendations that will be brought to market across multiple channels.
The Media and Marketing Strategy Director is ultimately the decision maker when it comes to the strategy of any marketing campaign and will ensure strategic recommendations are evident in implementation.
This role will report into the VP, Integrated Marketing, ANZ and will lead a team locally.
- A minimum of 10 years+ experience in marketing, ideally media-focused
- You will already be an experienced strategist in either a media agency or other marketing environment, adept at audience identification
- Media expertise including a deep understanding of digital and traditional media, media planning/buying, and above and below the line media metrics
- Experience in research and insight development using research tools and platforms
- Highly skilled in strategy development and translating that strategic direction into executional guidance
- Strong ability to interpret and analyse first party data to generate actionable insights
- Experienced in managing across a matrixed business and in driving campaign delivery across a range of business areas.
- Experience in creating consumer orientated, holistic, major marketing campaigns with a solid background in executing creative across a broad media spectrum (ATL & BTL).
- Experience developing marketing and communication strategy, through to execution and accountability across key metrics,
- Demonstrable experience of providing inspiring and motivational leadership
- Experience in working within a matrixed US owned corporate structure or a multi-national company with multiple stakeholders an advantage.
The Walt Disney Company can provide individual accessibility support that may be needed during your interview process. Please let us know of accommodations that may assist in helping you feel welcome by emailing email@example.com.
This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then apply now!
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About The Walt Disney Company (APAC):
For over 70 years, The Walt Disney Company has been entertaining consumers in Asia Pacific – and enriching people’s lives. Today’s consumer can discover new branded experiences in many ways and in many markets from Australia, New Zealand, Mainland China, Japan, Korea to Southeast Asia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) P/L, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (APAC).