Motion Designer (Freelance)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 979972BR Location Richmond, Australia Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 15, 2022
The primary role of Motion Designer is to work fast and efficiently to create visually engaging motion graphics across a multitude of content and brands throughout The Walt Disney Company AUNZ including Marvel, Lucasfilm, Pixar, Disney, National Geographic, ESPN, Parks & Resorts, Disney+ and STAR (whew!).
Thorough knowledge of the Post-Production process is key. At Disney we have many brands under our belt all with a very different voice, so we are looking for a highly creative Motion Designer who can switch between these voices at the drop of a hat. We are looking for someone who has can bring their own unique style to the table while working within the guidelines of each brand.
The Motion Designer will sit in the Production team and be an integral part to outputting world-class video content. They will partner with Producers, Editors and Designers in managing creative briefs and end to end delivery of all work in progress. This role requires great communication and close stakeholder management ensuring all personnel are informed and up to date on all media deliverables daily.
You'll enjoy this role if you are an experienced Motion Designer with a keen eye for design, editing, and content who enjoys keeping up with the latest video techniques, trends, and technologies. You are as comfortable following a brief as you are drawing on your own creativity to help take projects to that next level. You show a high degree of initiative and excel in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. You should be creative. Curious. Daring. Bonus points if you're multidisciplinary.
In addition to being a great Motion Designer you must be an all-around creative with an eye for small details and a passion for big ideas. This is not an entry level position and we’re looking for someone whose skills and passion for Motion Design match their top-class experience. This will be a 6 month initial contract role.
- Working with the Producers, Editors, and Designers to create original content for The Walt Disney Company Australia including video graphics, motion, templates, layouts, video edits
- Keeping abreast of technological trends and new releases, communicate new ideas, concepts, and innovations with colleagues, and continually contributing to the quality and creativity of the team to ensure our offering is class leading.
- Has strong technical skills and proven ability to use a variety of motion graphics related software and techniques, including 2D and 3D.
- Bringing new and fresh ideas to creative meetings. Researching and collecting creative ideas and references that could inspire and be relevant to our audience.
- Participating in ideation and creative performance sessions to incorporate learnings back into future campaigns.
- Understand Brand identities and maintaining brand integrity throughout the Creative and Post-Production process
- Proactively manage time and deadlines
- Work in tandem with the Producers and Editors to ensure all media assets including third party files are available during the Post-Production process, creative is seamlessly integrated into all projects and all media projects adhere to the Post-Production pathway then archived accordingly
- Communication to Production Management upon completion and delivery of projects
- Ability to train and lead others to raising the bar on motion design and provide clear/precise feedback
- Proactive, willing to go above and beyond and to always be professional and courteous towards your colleagues and external contractors embracing and championing positive attitudes toward diversity and inclusion
- Develop deep knowledge and understanding of TWDC workplace standards and practices
- Mastery of the principals of design, colour theory, typography, graphics, motion graphics, animation, video editing, and file creation optimized for digital, broadcast and cinema.
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Cloud including Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop
- 2D Animation
- 3D modelling, texturing and animation skills
- Experience in working with sound to support and enhance animations.
- Expert understanding of the end-to-end Post-Production process, and of advanced Post-Production applications and networking solutions
- Excellent organisation skills, balancing competing priorities. Self-managed and self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure on several assets at the same time whilst maintaining high quality output and a calm demeanour
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to proof-check your own work
- Vector-based illustration skills
- HTML5 experience or knowledge
- You are self-motivated, with a commitment to developing your knowledge and skills.
- You have the drive and ambition to continually push your skills to the limit and deliver award-winning work
- You are confident and demonstrate a passion for your work
- You take people on the journey with you; you are a team player and demonstrate a collaborative approach in all you do
- You keep a cool head under pressure and easily adapt to change, taking a flexible approach to meeting client deadlines
- You’re an excellent communicator and able to build effective working relationships
- You have a creative approach to problem-solving and are a strong decision-maker
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Motion Designer working with premium brands (either agency or client-side) required, including experience providing conceptual direction to other artists.
- Portfolio of world-class videos demonstrating Motion Graphics proficiency
Additional Information:The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.