Operations Manager, Flexible Business ModelsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10016324 Location Richmond, Australia Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We are seeking an Operations Manager to support Business Transformation through the set-up, implementation and operational management of the Company’s Flexible Business Model initiatives - which include partnerships, direct to consumer, wholesale and all commercial business strategic models outside of third party licensing.
This position will work across Disney, Marvel, Lucas, National Geographic and Fox franchises, various categories (hardlines, softlines, consumables, publishing, digital), and global teams.
Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the operationalisation of all FBM models in ANZ (e.g., wholesale, direct-to-retail, shop-in-shop)
- Implement operational changes to deliver measurable improvements to the business
- Review new and existing processes, resources and systems, making and overseeing any changes where necessary.
- Partner with key executives on all new business model initiatives with key stakeholders (e.g., integrated Retail, Product Development, Sourcing, Licensing, Creative, Finance, etc.)
- Drive efficiency through process improvements, including update, revision and creation of new business models and templates
- Work closely with the leadership and FBM team to find new ways for commercialisation and incremental value capture.
- Project Manage transformation initiatives in all aspects of supply chain, IT, operations and other internal processes.
- Drive business growth, efficiency and value capture through measurable KPIs
- Build growth and risk plan to manage commercial ambitions
Business Operations Enablement
- Oversee the deployment of new initiatives such as implementation of new distribution strategies (B2B and B2C)
- Plan, coordinate and deliver business cases on supply chain, commercialisation and operations projects
- Support in developing new business and logistics models for new and existing projects
- Build nurturing and long lasting relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
- 8+ years in a business management or operations role
- Proven success championing process implementation and improvement strategies
- Proven experience managing complex projects in fast paced environments
- Experienced working with global and local teams
- Highly driven and motivated to achieve targets and deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving and business management skills
- Ability to think pragmatically and operationally to drive execution of concepts
- Outstanding multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities along with efficient project management skills
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Deep understanding of business processes
- Commercial and Financial management understanding
- Drives results fast/executes with sense of urgency and accuracy
- Enthusiastic collaborator and team player with a positive attitude
- Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful
- Strong attention to detail; organized and manages timelines effectively
- IT and operations system proficiency
This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then apply now!
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) P/L, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.