Already applied?View Dashboard
PR Manager - ConsumerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 697348BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 22, 2019
The role will lead consumer PR and communication planning for the Disney Streaming Services platform, working closely with the Disney Streaming Services team. Additionally, the role will support publicity and communication planning for other key business areas including Live Events, ESR and DPEP.
Responsible for the identification and development of cross company publicity, events, big ideas and local promotional strategies, key to the success of this role is the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with editors and journalists, in addition to managing external PR agencies and leading cross-company briefings.
Responsibilities:Disney Streaming Services:
- Develop the Consumer PR plan to raise awareness of Disney Streaming Services in the ANZ market in conjunction with counterparts in Studio Publicity and Corporate Communications - DTCI
- Amplify the marketing programme through a PR lens delivering further awareness/coverage
- Leverage key media to maximise awareness of Disney Streaming Services, assisting in the delivery of acquisition and conversion targets
- Internal (including local, regional and home office) communication of strategy
- Communication with local media to secure placement and leverage all global assets where applicable
- Develop consumer stories that focus on building awareness for the platform
- Support the Stage division in the development of a Consumer PR strategy working with all stakeholders to build awareness of key programmes – Frozen – Sydney 2020
- Build and maintain key relationships with media
- Network and build relationships with key industry members
- Develop consumer communication programmes to support key areas of the business
- Support CPC to amplify their programmes at retail and key activations
- Work closely with Head of ESR to maximise the ESR plan from a consumer perspective to best position TWDC as best practice in ESR
- Minimum 8 years PR experience in a similar role, preferably in entertainment/media
- Extensive media and social media knowledge and experience
- Experience managing general marketing, development and facilitation of campaigns and film/product/event launches
- Strong negotiation experience
- Budget management experience/knowledge
- Experience managing people
- Project management experience including communications, market analysis, strategic planning and budgeting.
- A background in areas such as sales promotion, advertising, entertainment, events would prove advantageous.
- Proactive self-starter with a high level of resourcefulness, creativity and drive
- Ability to multi-task in a team environment and flexible to manage ever-changing deadlines and strict budget constraints
- Superior time management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines, diverse relationships and projects
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding presentation, communication, written and negotiation skills in order to engage, influence and drive results
- Results focused – strong sense of urgency and ability to work in deadline driven environment
- Willingness to contribute and work within a team environment and always consider as a priority “what is best for the business”
- Dependable, timely, punctual, flexible and adaptable
- An understanding of the Disney Brand values and a passion for Disney Entertainment
- Advanced level of all Microsoft/Apple applications
- Knowledge of SAP
- Although specific qualifications are not a pre-requisite, one of the following degrees would provide the incumbent with good foundation knowledge: Bachelor of Business/Marketing /Bachelor of Arts – Media/Media Communications
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.