Already applied?View Dashboard
Retail Marketing DirectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 525710BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted 02/09/2018
Reporting to the GM - Disney Consumer Products & Retail, you will lead a team responsible for the development and implementation of retail strategies that support DCP’s objectives, increase the effectiveness of Disney’s retail marketing efforts and ensure that Disney (Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars) consistently delivers on our brand proposition at retail - unparalleled customer experiences and magical moments for customers of all ages.Apply Now Apply Later
- Develop and drive a retail strategy that showcases the DCP offering, continues to grow market share and amplifies our content and characters.
- Lead the development and execution of the Retail Marketing strategy, plans and programs across all categories and accounts, that reflect the respective brand positioning and are in line with overall TWDC strategy and DCP objectives.
- Actively position TWDC as market leaders in retail campaign planning & execution.
- Utilise consumer, customer and shopper insights to shape plans.
- Transport customers out of a transactionally focused environment and into a more engaging retail experience that generates more impact for the customer and more value for the retailer. Make Disney’s great storytelling the differentiator in the customer experience.
- Generate a competitive advantage at retail through the integrated delivery of content, product and customer experience.
- Create incremental product opportunities for category and key licensing partners by ensuring that retail activity supports category priorities, and can be leveraged by the broader DCP licensee base.
- Partner closely with category to ensure timing and focus of retail executions is in line with category and partner activity to deliver the most effective commercial outcomes.
- Partner closely with franchise to ensure DCP activity complements and leverages wider franchise plan
- Integrate as many categories into retail activations as is practicable to maximise ROI on Disney led retail activity and to make kit easy for shoppers to discover & buy all things Disney
- Manage investment (resource, CMF & P&P) for greatest return
- Partner proactively with retailers to identify develop and secure opportunities for DCO.
- Partner with all stakeholders (retail sales, content, category and franchise) to drive Disney presence year round
- Drive innovation and creative excellence, leading change efforts and creating new ways of working to continuously improve the teams support to, and impact on, the business.
- Lead the Retail Marketing team, setting a strategy and interpreting that into objectives and activity that ensure high performance delivery.
- Equip team to respond positively to change and to opportunity, and to optimistically navigate challenges.
- Develop and share vision for team and ensure that they are given the tools and skills necessary to enable them to deliver their objectives as effectively as possible.
- Ensure that the team receives all the support necessary (communication, systems, training and management) to enable them to perform in their roles.
- Align behind DCP objectives and support category objectives across mass and specialty retail
- Collaborate with wider Disney organisation to develop opportunities to create immersive retail experiences
- Develop and manage strong relationships with external partners related to Retail Marketing (including but not limited to retailers, licensees and agency partners) to deliver cohesive campaigns.
- Collaborate proactively with colleagues in ANZ and globally in order to deliver the best outcomes for Disney Consumer Products and Retail and TWDC ANZ as a whole.
- Facilitate collaboration of team members with other parts of the business on projects and activity that drive value for TWDC ANZ.
- Be an active team member of the Disney Consumer Products and Retail Executive Team, collaborating with colleagues
- Develop and manage relevant budgets. Work with colleagues across the business to ensure spend is always optimised.
- 15+ yrs. experience in Management and Leadership in Retail Marketing, Agency and/or Licensing
- Commercial leadership experience, including experience in the creation of revenue streams and monetising marketing and media initiatives
- Direct experience and demonstrate blue success navigating the ANZ retail environment
- Experience in creating consumer orientated, holistic, major marketing campaigns with a solid background in executing creative across a broad media spectrum (ATL & BTL).
- Experience developing marketing and communication strategy, through to execution and accountability across key metrics, for linear and non-linear media services.
- Demonstrated success, as part of a team, building, evolving and launching retail brands. Demonstrable experience of providing inspiring and motivational leadership to significant creative teams.
- Strong comprehension and experience, of marketing strategies leveraging the retail & digital landscape.
- Experience in working within a matrixed US owned corporate structure or a multi-national company with multiple stakeholders an advantage.
- Significant experience in setting functional & creative strategic direction and creating a long-term vision for the integrated business. Experience managing significant budgets
- Marketing / Business tertiary degree qualification.