Already applied?View Dashboard
Retail Marketing Manager: Pixar & ProjectsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 603118BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 22, 2018
Job Summary:Ensuring our Franchises with a focus on Pixar consistently delivers on our brand proposition at retail by providing unparalleled customer strategies, planning and experiences. This position will be responsible for leading and developing the retail marketing strategy and plans for the Pixar franchise whilst leading adhoc retail marketing projects. The primary objective is planning and executing key tent pole and big beat, cross-category brand activations in-store and on-line at retail.
Responsibilities:Retail & Licensing
- Be the shopper expert for Pixar across our key customers
- Build strong marketing and sales pitches and presentations and be available to present to licensees and retailers to support category and franchise initiatives and programs
- Establish and foster strong relationships with key retail accounts (excl grocery) to drive best practice activations
- Act as the brand ambassador for Pixar, demonstrating the strength and magic of the brand to retail partners across Australia and New Zealand
- Lead the development and execution of the Retail Marketing strategies for Pixar, including plans and programs across all accounts
- Generate a competitive advantage at retail through the integrated delivery of Pixar content, product and customer experience, taking into account global best practice and intergrating across the business toi deliver best in class presentations and activations Plan and deliver adhoc retail marketing briefs working closely with category and other partners across the business
- Partners with category to plan best in class activations which support key product ranges
- Create incremental product opportunities for category and key licensing partners by ensuring that retail activity supports category priorities, and can be leveraged by the broader DCP licensee base
- Create and maintain an 12-18 month planning calendar to provide sufficient planning windows to implement and maximise promotional opportunities for key franchises and events
- Ensure that campaigns reflect the respective brand positioning and unique brand personalities and are in line with overall TWDC strategy
- Develop and execute customer and franchise specific promotional activities in partnership with franchise, category, licensees and Disney’s internal business units
- Deliver creative, best practice x-cat retail activations for tent pole “big bet” franchise priorities
Stakeholder Management & Communication
- Partner with key stakeholders (category, franchise, ontent, studio, design and PR)
- Partner with the key retailer marketing teams (mass, department store, grocery & specialty) to understand the customers marketing strategy and work to their critical path timings and phases
- Partner closely with category teams to ensure that the timing and focus of retail executions is in line with category and key licensing partner activity to deliver the most effective commercial outcomes •
- Effectively establish ongoing relationships with US, UK & European stakeholders to achieve best practice processes within the Australian market
- Work closely with the Pixar Marketing Exec and wider Retail Marketing team to help implement programs, management experience to support the teams to develop and execute programs Industry
- Lead the ongoing analysis of shopper research, competitive activity and retail trends.
Own the customer insight
- Generate a competitive advantage inside and outside of retail through the integrated delivery of content, product and consumer experience, taking in to account global best practice
- Develop and lead strategic national partnership opportunities and potential collaboration partners to achieve brand revenue objectives Financial
- Management of financial activation budgets ensuring all programs are executed on budget and deliver an ROI
- Work with teams to drive and exceed DCP financial targets with strong marketing programs to support
- Minimum of 6 years Sales, Marketing or Trade Marketing experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- Solid experience in developing and executing sales/marketing/creative strategies by channel and retailer
- Demonstrated experience in marketing communications and relationship based or consultative selling
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership and influencing abilities (sales, marketing, retailer and manufacturer)
- Must be willing to travel - nationally
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or Commerce
- 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
- Part time - 24 hours per week
- Wednesday - Friday
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.