Already applied?View Dashboard
Sales Account Executive - Disney/ESPN Media Sales & PartnershipsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 597126BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business ESPN Date posted Sep. 24, 2018
Job Summary:The Sales Account Executive will be responsible for the following:
- Generate ad sales revenue by selling ESPN and Disney television and digital properties to a portfolio of Victorian agency and direct clients
- Think creatively and respond to media briefs with concepts based on insights that align with clients’ objectives and KPIs.
- Liaise with our local and international teams to provide relevant solutions to clients (native content, brand integrations, consumer promotions, cross platform activations).
- Achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Build relationships in media agencies at all levels.
- Manage all aspects of the sales cycle from response to briefs to post campaign reports.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product, Editorial and Creative Solution teams on pitches.
- Create cross-platform responses that will leverage Disney/ESPN platforms.
- Provide relevant insights to clients to create curiosity and lead to sales.
- Respond to briefs with short turnaround times with media schedules and supportive ppt.
- Negotiate complex, long term partnership agreements.
- Identify sales opportunities and convert client meetings into revenue via a proactive targeted approach.
- Work closely with Ad Ops and Creative Solutions on campaign implementations.
- Ensure that all leads and clients insights are captured in the CRM system.
- Forecast revenue accurately.
- Knowledge of clients’ expectations, strategy and challenges in order to provide them with the most relevant media solution. Provide media agencies with relevant insights to their business and clients.
- Keep clients/media agencies informed of new advertising opportunities across each property.
- Respect clients’ deadlines.
- Maintain weekly/monthly contact with media agencies to build relationships and ensure all potential opportunities are covered. Communicate with our Creative Solution and Ad Ops teams to deliver on client requests.
- Communicate with clients on their day-to-day requirements.
- Ensure that all billing is properly recorded before billing cycles.
- Ensure agency and client creative materials are sent to the Ad Ops team with enough time to implement campaigns.
- Liaise with Ad Ops and Creative Solution teams to implement standard and integrated campaigns.
- Ensure all reporting is in place for the period of the campaign and report to agencies on the performance of campaigns.
- Minimum 2 years TV and/or Digital media sales experience.
- Strong relationships with key Australian media agencies and media buyers (TV and/or Digital).
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales forecasts and tightly managing sales budgets.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Advanced solution sales skills.
- Solid understanding of the Australian media (agency) landscape.
- Ability to effectively manage a sales pipeline (from end to end).
- Strong presentation and sales skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills including PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Logical and lateral thinker.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills to ensure all priorities and multiple deadlines are met.
- A strong team player who contributes to an environment that embraces innovation.
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.