Senior Data Analyst- Disney +Apply NowApply Later Job ID 763775BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 13, 2020
- Business Performance Reporting, Visualization, and Regression Management: Be a primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand performance of the platform. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve or double-down on success
- Deep-Dive Analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with marketing, content and platform
- Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture. Be a data ambassador to XFN teams, coaching best practice in use of reporting tools and data enrichment and governance
- Forecasting, and Opportunity Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this analyst will be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance
- Experimentation: Enact test plans, define success metrics, and ensure accurate results methodologically, technically, and statistically
- Data Driven Culture: Work closely with Snr Manager, Analytics to enhance data culture in Disney+ Australia by defining and grooming the backlog and developing strategic roadmap for data
- 4+ years of analytical experience
- 2+ years work experience using SQL
- Experience with Python/R or other statistical programming language a plus
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis)
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills
Preferred Qualifications:Degree in an analytical field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.