Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager- Corporate CommunicationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 633513BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 24, 2019
Job Summary:This fantastic opportunity will see you build and protect a positive image and reputation for TWDC in Australia and New Zealand; demonstrate the value proposition of TWDC to internal and external stakeholders; enhance Disney’s corporate reputation in ANZ and position TWDC as a locally-committed business partner. Oversee the internal communications function for ANZ, ensuring the delivery of inspiring and engaging communications to the business, working with key internal stakeholders.
Responsibilities:Strategy and Planning
- Lead development of Corporate Communications strategies and initiatives
- Implementation of corporate communications plan at local market level by leveraging local priorities and proof points, working in conjunction with corporate PR agency, as needed.
- Continuously evaluate key issues, messages and topics for the senior management team and build/maintain a database of briefing documents.
- Develop and share core messaging for TWDC ANZ and ensure consistency of messaging across all divisions. Build and keep updated library of key messaging around important topics.
- Manage the ANZ speakers’ bureau including assessing potential opportunities and proactively identifying conferences for senior executives to articulate key messages. Assist with speeches/presentations as appropriate.
- Provide a corporate perspective on consumer PR activities, working with other PR leads.
- Help manage local comms issues, working closely with Heads of Communications and key stakeholders such as Legal and HR.
- Crisis and issues management, as required (including consumer complaints that are elevated).
- Corporate Media Relations – engage with media and stakeholders to ensure widespread understanding of TWDC’s key growth strategies, and focus on what sets TWDC and TWDC ANZ apart from other media companies.
- Creative development of ideas and events which support TWDC strategic pillars
- Develop corporate stories by leveraging Disney’s business activities, working with the wider Comms team, and sell in stories as appropriate (e.g., franchise activity, key successes and partnerships, etc.)
- Build/maintain strong relationships with key editors and journalists.
- Pitch profiles of key executives in thought leadership roles (speaking opps, interviews, etc.)
- Network and build relationships with key conference organisers and business organisations
- Oversee all aspects of BMC comms strategy and press outreach to the business and consumer media across ANZ, and to regional trade reporters. (BMC Publicity Manager handles day-to-day management.)
- Support and drive communications around Corporate Citizenship activities, including Magic of Healthy Living and Big Brothers Big Sisters partnership.
- Oversee development of content to excite and engage staff, including:
- Dynamic content for One Voice intranet site (updated at least 3 times weekly)
- Planning/execution of Speaker Series
- Support for key business initiatives (e.g., franchise activity, key launches/releases, CSR, etc.)
- Partner with HR team to support the communication of their business priorities and provide counsel/feedback as needed.
- Minimum of 12+ years’ experience in media/brand industry publicity
- Proven experience of developing and executing strategic PR/Communication plans to grow and develop brand recognition
- Credible communication and media relations skills; ability to produce communication strategies and implement tactics § History working in a highly-matrixed corporate environment
- Proven leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong writing skills (e.g., press releases, message points, speeches) and presentation abilities
- Confidence to brief executives about media/messaging landscape and provide strategic counsel
- Credibility and professional relationships with the business/consumer media covering the entertainment/media industry
- Stable work history and background of increasingly responsible positions in media/entertainment and/or brand media relations
- Ability to maintain professionalism, adapt in a fast-paced work environment and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven experience successfully managing and directing others
- Self-motivated, proactive and capable of both working collaboratively within a team environment and independently
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., journalism, communications)
Additional Information:Availability to travel
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.