Senior Software Engineer, Connected Devices - C++
Richmond, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 658630BR Location Richmond, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 28, 2020
Job Summary:As a Senior Software Engineer for the Connected Devices team, you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible on some of the most interesting 10-foot devices in the marketplace. You’ll be part of an advance team where you’ll be in uncharted territory exploring the latest connected and set-top box devices on the market.
We’re looking for an engineer who's proficient at C/C++ in a set-top box and embedded systems world, with experience writing cross platform code, porting applications and runtimes across multiple hardware platforms, with an attention to detail that goes deep in uncovering the nuances of set-top box hardware to optimize our application experiences.
Whether you’re in New York or California we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
● To work on a bleeding edge technology stack
● To work with a world-class team of Engineers
● To work on award-winning, complex apps and systems
● To work in a highly collaborative team environment
● To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions Responsibilities:
Be a critical member of a team of engineers responsible for building our next generation platform and apps for embedded and set-top box devices.
● Application development for a native environment.
● Work with hardware manufacturing partners to vet new hardware.
● Port and optimize our work to new hardware.
● Maintain a strong understanding of our native client platform (written in C/C++) to identify, research and address issues as they arise.
● Test and assess our internal video player on new hardware. Explore DRM capabilities and ability to access OS and driver level decoding and decryption.
● Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering teams and product to help understand and explain device limitations and requirements. Basic Qualifications:
● Senior level candidates should have 5+ years of C/C++ experience on embedded systems and/or writing portable mulit-platform code.
● Strong experience with older version of C++ (98) and comfortable with Modern C++ (11/14/17) ● Understanding of various chip architectures and what features they support
● Experience using build runners / compilation tools for multi-platform projects ● Senior level candidates will have experience mentoring junior level team members.
● Familiarity with set-top box development and specialized SoCs from manufacturers like Broadcom, MediaTek, SigmaTel, etc.
● Cross device/distro dependency management
● Game engines and game engine technologies
● Webkit, WPE, Chromium, Cobalt
● React Native
● Familiarity with .Net / Xamarin runtimes
● Visual Studio or IDE of choice!
● Github Enterprise
● Linux / Windows / Mac
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.