Senior Tax ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 758344BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 22, 2020
- Oversee the annual corporate income tax returns for the different Disney and Fox consolidated tax groups in Australia and New Zealand working with the internal accounting teams and external advisors. (This will include holding the position of Public Officer with respect to the Australian companies.)
- Assist with the business integration and corporate restructuring activities
- Provide general tax advice to the different business units including corporate income tax, goods and services tax (GST), fringe benefits tax, stamp duty and payroll tax, sourcing advice from external advisors where needed
- Liaising with local tax authorities in dealing with enquiries and tax audits
- Providing regular tax updates to other key stakeholders with the company
- Senior manager level at either a large Australian corporation or Big 4 Firm, with 10+ years of experience
- Very strong understanding of Australian corporate income tax planning and compliance, with a particular emphasis on Australia’s tax consolidation rules
- Experience with the Australian tax treatment of film production incentives in Australia
- Some exposure to transfer pricing will be helpful but this will be supported by the Disney transfer pricing team
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to examines issues from a broad perspective while considering impact beyond immediate scope
- Logical and lateral thinker
- Excellent time management and organisation skills to ensure all priorities and multiple deadlines are met
- A strong team player who contributes to an environment that embraces innovation
Required EducationQualification in Accounting field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.