Already applied?View Dashboard
Social Media Specialist, Disney+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 711483BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 08, 2019
Responsibilities:Creative ideation & content creation
- Generating innovative social content ideas and collaborating with lines of business internally to bring concepts to life
- Capturing content at live events including premieres, screenings, fan events, announcements or other live activations
- Sourcing, repurposing, generating and producing content that drives positive audience outcomes and engagement
- Publishing content and adapting formats, tone and messaging across various platforms
- Moderating content and conversation across social platforms and engaging with the audience base to drive positive outcomes e.g. growth, shareability, engagement
- Manage and maintain content calendars
- Ability to be reactive and work with agility to accommodate for global content announcements
- Upholding the reputation of the Disney brands at all times, through managing message delivery, tone of voice and ensuring content sits within global brand and visual guidelines
- Maintaining correspondence with the various Disney global teams on content approvals
- Ensuring all content aligns back to the wider Disney+ brand strategy
- Collaborating on social growth strategies with broader content teams
- Stakeholder management and working proactively with departments, teams or external agencies to drive best practice social media content and growth
- Identifying patterns and learnings from our social media audience data
- Staying ahead of the latest developments in social media tools, trends, platforms and techniques and be proactive in sharing news and insights with the team and relevant stakeholders
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in a similar social media role, preferably working across multiple brands
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite preferable
- Proven competency and superior knowledge of social platforms, tools, and performance tracking
- Excellent writing and copy skills with the ability to translate traditional marketing content into socially led conversations
- Passion for storytelling, listening to what the community has to say, and providing engaging experiences in the social space
- Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to use sound judgement to ensure content is within brand guidelines
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong collaboration skills
Required EducationBachelors degree preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.