Already applied?View Dashboard
Social Platforms Community SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 525698BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted 02/08/2018
The Social Platforms Community Specialist is responsible for an ‘always on’ strategy for our core digital destinations, to achieve audience growth via online storytelling. This person is a creative, detail-oriented and data driven thought leader who actively stays ahead of industry trends in order to contribute to the success across all digital touchpoints, with a focus on Social strategy. This role is responsible for developing Disney ANZ digital eco-systems via audience engagement, growth and optimisation, being a thought leader in Social, staying across best-in-class data and publishing tools and facilitating actionable insights across the team. An eye for detail and a passion for delivering engaging customer experience is key to reflect the magic of Disney storytelling online.Apply Now Apply Later
Social Media & Online:
Reporting & Data
- Responsible for managing TWDC family of brands Social destinations, including Disney, Marvel and Star Wars, across Disney’s digital touchpoints – primarily Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube & emerging social platforms
- Responding to comments and queries on all social channels
- Applying the brand’s tone of voice and style when engaging fans in conversations
- Grow community interactions and response via authentic and compelling conversation starters and response
- Utilize data and insights to inform Content creation strategy
- Be a thought leader in emerging web tech, and experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage new tech & social media, including Messenger Bots
- Create processes and utilize tools which best support reactive and trending social content creation to ensure destinations remain fresh and exciting
- Co-ordinate with Content Planning to respond to briefs and source, collate, schedule and supply assets to the designer and developer for content creation.
- Via Consumer Insights learnings, present a clear view of audience needs and motivations in designing memorable content & experiences
Social Media & Online:
- Monitor, respond and report on community engagement across social channels
- Implement techniques to further discussion and engagement across channels
- Post and schedule content
- Manage and maintain content calendars
- Staying abreast of the latest developments in social media tools, trends, platforms and techniques and be proactive in sharing news and insights with the team and relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with the Social Specialist to implement content strategy for both campaigns and evergreen content
- Using Sprinklr to manage responses, flag issues with team members and mark sentiment
- Co-ordination with the Social Specialist and Analyst to optimise and develop new content opportunities from insights generated Ensure that legal and stylistic guidelines are being upheld when content is being created both internally and from external agency partners
- Monitor and report on competitor activity
- Engage stakeholders on a regular basis and collate reports as required
- Foster passion for social content creation and innovative storytelling
- Partner with Insights re Social Media dashboard tracking, to ensure monitoring and maximisation of ROI
- Maintenance of effective production and programming documentation and management of projects including vendors and designers and developers.
- Contribute to overall team thought leadership. Follow news and trends and make recommendations to generate innovative opportunities for the business.
- Act as quality gatekeeper of content updates, ensuring all updates are proofread, optimised for search engines, and align with brand identity and TOV.
- Assist in maintaining project management and collaboration tool details, including content plans, to do lists and milestone dates. Work with all DI team members to manage collaborative tools, WIP, maintaining accurate WIP documentation and ongoing production planning calendars.
- Co-ordinate with Content Planning to create and update detailed content plans, maintaining make-list schedules with content refreshes across the portfolio of sites, ensuring their effective sharing with all stakeholders.
- Maintain records of programming needs, including Scope and SOWs, contact reports and WIP calendars.
Reporting & Data
- Review site & social performance reports, proactively proposing updates when insights indicated they are needed.
- Assist with communication of site and social updates and campaign site performance against measures of success, via Digital Trends updates.
- Assist with online production budget tracking as required.
- At least two years previous experience as a Social Community Manager
- A deep understanding of the various existing and emerging social channels
- Experience in social media monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite preferable
- Strong Marketing skills and the use of social media in marketing landscape
- Demonstrated success with brands utilising social media as a core platform
- Tertiary qualification in interactive production, marketing, business or related area.