Richmond, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 658631BR Location Richmond, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 30/04/2019
Job Summary:As a Software Engineer for Connected Devices Universal Windows Platform (UWP), you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible on Xbox One consoles and Windows 10 desktop devices. You'll work on a team of other client developers alongside systems, services engineers, and project managers.
We’re looking for someone that is proficient at writing clean, readable, highly optimized C# and XAML with a low memory footprint, appreciates the details that make the development lifecycle exceptional, and demonstrates enthusiasm for new technologies, languages, frameworks, and platforms.
This opening is for associate software engineers, software engineers, and senior software engineers working in the following offices: Richmond and San Francisco CA as well as New York City.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
● To work on a bleeding edge technology stack
● To work with a world-class team of Engineers
● To work on award-winning, complex apps and systems
● To work in a highly collaborative team environment
● To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
● Work on UWP apps based on C#/XAML running on Xbox One console and Windows 10 desktop.
● Rapidly prototype and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable media applications using C#/XAML.
● Enforce code quality through test driven development.
● Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to help define product requirements.
Candidates should have:
● 5 or more years of experience building compelling UWP applications.
● Strong experience in C# app development, both with and without third party frameworks.
● Strong XAML skills including control creation and control templating
● Experience with and ability to communicate about MVVM, dependency injection, and other software architectures and application design patterns.
● Experience mentoring junior level team members.
● Experience building reusable frameworks and SDK’s for other application developers
● Experience building apps on Xbox One or Windows (or other devices such as Google Chromecast, AppleTV, or Sony PlayStation).
● Video streaming technologies including HLS and DRM.
● Visual Studio
● Github Enterprise
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.