Richmond, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 658666BR Location Richmond, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 05/06/2019
This opening is for software engineers working in our Point Richmond, CA office location, San Francisco, or New York City Location. Any one is fine.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
● To work on a bleeding edge technology stack
● To work with a world-class team of Engineers
● To work on award-winning, complex apps and systems
● To work in a highly collaborative team environment
● To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
Responsibilities:Work on a modern, highly customized platform that initially targets PlayStation, but will soon run range of devices from low memory and low performance to top of the line connected devices.
● Enforce code quality through test driven development.
● Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to help define product requirements.
Basic Qualifications:Mid-level candidates should have:
● 3 or more years of experience building compelling applications.
● Intermediate level knowledge of C# and related development patterns
● React.js experience a plus.
● Connected device development experience a plus.
● Google Chromecast.
● Sony PlayStation
● Nintendo Switch
● Embedded connected devices and set top boxes, such as those provided by cable operators
● Video streaming technologies including HLS and DRM.
● C/C++ specifically working with cross platform platform level code Toolset:
● Your IDE of choice! ● Github Enterprise
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.