Already applied?View Dashboard
UX DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 557880BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted Jun. 03, 2018
Job Summary:The UX Design Lead is responsible for delivering user-centric experiences across Disney Interactive products and platforms to support memorable storytelling for Disney’s core brands, advocating user centred design process to meet the need of our business across all consumer touch points. This position is 60% UX and 40% design support.
Responsibilities:This role delivers UCD and creative concepts in line with brand identity and business objectives, and ensures brand quality and consistency.
- Responsible for the quality, timely-delivery and ongoing improvement of creative designs and/or UX artefacts for the Disney, Marvel and Star Wars brands across centralised platforms, web products, Social, Apps, etc
- The role is both hands on and directive, for UX and Creative outputs, mapping customer behaviour, expectations and needs into customer flows and experience design, as well as educating and inspiring key stakeholders via presentations informed by UX methodologies.
- The UX Design Lead is a key member of the Creative Council, and is expected to drive continuous improvements for intuitive, scalable and adaptive solutions through established and innovative processes, as well as setting the expectations and highest standards for a creative and successful team attitude and professional development.
- The role will drive continuous improvements on design and creative execution through established and innovative processes, both internally and with partner Agencies
- A key player in capturing and shaping personas to be referenced by digital team – ensuring outbound experiences deeply resonate with Disney audiences
- Responsible for the presentation and approval of creative concepts by actively engaging stakeholders in understanding user-centric design, balanced with technical constraints
- Engage with colleagues in the digital team and Business Unit stakeholders to uphold brand and site guidelines and design principles, and ensure consistent representation across multiple touch points.
- Responsible for advocating and educating a user-centered and consumer focused design process, mapping out customer flows, wireframes and relevant UX artefacts
- Work with digital team leads to define project priorities & objectives
- Collaborate with Design Lead, Tech Lead , Analysts and Developers on web products, from proof of concept to execution of ideas
- Holistic understanding of the Disney business and how digital can integrate with other Business Units – e.g. Corporate Responsibility, studio releases
- Able to work closely with Producers and Business Unit stakeholders to negotiate the best execution against projects timelines and budgets
- Work with outside agencies to manage and be accountable for the quality of the user experience and creative output,
- Supports communication of best practices, guidelines and other processes that support improved customer experience, engagement and sales
- Ensure a collaborative approach across Sydney and Melbourne locations -working as one voice, one vision
- Managing the output of junior designers, freelancers, design consultants, interns and external vendor designers as required
- Know how to drive brand identity and creative concepts across all areas including Mobile, Tablet and Web Experience (designing for mobile/tablet interfaces, social platforms, ecommerce, and conversion-driven design).
- Depth of UCD experience and ability to draw heavily on analytics & insights to guide solutions
- Experience with UX artefacts, processes and principles including fidelity design (conceptual, lo/med/hi), user/customer journey mapping, IA, functional prototyping
- Highly competent in modern web design practices such responsive design and visual design for UIs
- It is absolutely vital that you have solid experience and understanding of the digital landscape and have delivered integrated and multi-channel campaigns.
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment, and to prioritise and allocate work in order to meet delivery deadlines
- Naturally advanced skills in Design Tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc; and a strong understanding of HTML5 & CSS
- Understanding of technical solution development with focus on front-end
- Strong team player, able to work in a busy and demanding environment.
- Experience in retail/eCommerce space and children’s entertainment is highly desired
Required EducationThe position requires at least five years’ experience working in a creative or digital industry, ideally completing major projects for entertainment or media clients with a portfolio which represent creative storytelling and meaningful experiences. Depth in the UCD methodology, IA and innovative & responsive design is required.
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.