Senior Product Designer – Developer PlatformApply NowApply Later Job ID 887118BR Location San Antonio, Texas, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 17, 2021
Disney Streaming comprises the leading premium streaming services offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Disney Streaming has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV and Movies. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining the industry through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Disney Streaming life is all about.
Do you want to join an award-winning team at the fastest growing company in streaming TV? We’re seeking a Senior Product Designer for our Enterprise XD team who wants to build beautifully crafted, impactful, business-changing products.
The right candidate will have experience leading long-term, complex projects from inception to launch (and data-informed iteration). You'll need to be an effective cross-functional problem solver who demonstrates extreme ownership and is comfortable presenting to stakeholders. Having an ecosystem-centered mindset will help you succeed in this role, as the products we design affect all areas of Hulu's business. As a senior designer, you'll also be expected to set an example for others with your mature skill set.
This role is exceptionally collaborative with partners across product management, software engineering, operations, and other job functions that make Hulu work! We conduct user research during various project phases, and occasionally collaborate with the UX Research team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead product design for at least one significant product within the Enterprise domain
- Be an excellent human, exhibiting compassion for your teammates and integrity in your actions and decisions
- Apply your mature skills in application design, visual design, creative and analytical thinking, and productive workflows to design new products and improve existing ones
- Perform all functions of the product design lifecycle, including research, concepts, wireframes, prototypes, pixel-perfect UI, documentation, and testing
- Contribute to product strategy by defining problems in insightful ways, understanding business needs, and innovating within technical constraints
- Articulate, negotiate, and refine design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to arrive at the best design solutions
- Utilize quantitative data and qualitative insights to inform design decisions
- Contribute to and help maintain the internal tools design system
- Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first while balancing the needs of the business
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years as a product/UX designer on products that have shipped
- A portfolio demonstrating responsive web design
- A high aptitude for teamwork and open collaboration
- Expert knowledge of at least one of the major product design tools (we use Figma)
- Mature design activity tool set, consisting of workshop exercises, collaborative whiteboarding, etc.
- Proven knowledge of user-centered design thinking methodologies
- Experience working closely with cross-functional partners
- Experience with various user research and testing methodologies
- Experience in internal tools, B2B tools, CMS’s, CRM’s
Additional Information:Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Disney Streaming embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Disney Streaming is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.