Social Media Support ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID ofiVffwr Location San Antonio, Texas, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
Disney Streaming encompasses the teams leading the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ streaming services within Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment, sports, and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love, while driving the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
As a VX Social Media Support Manager, you’re a specialist in the social customer service space. You’re proficient in all standard methodologies and how to implement them, and are able to operationalize processes that empower DTC VX teams to meet and exceed business and standards in our field. You are deeply knowledgeable when it comes to team operations, including quality standards and expectations, workflows and requirements, and can put data behind these initiatives that will drive the team and business forward.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- In partnership with the Global Social Media Manager, implement processes and supervise operations to support the Disney Streaming brands Social Support Team and cross-team partners
- Act as a resource: be the "go-to" for all uncertainties relating to workflows, judgment calls, and any ad hoc questions
- Tackle pre-determined projects and assignments while standing-up proactive creative solutions
- Independently identify weaknesses and gaps in the current architecture and drive resolutions
- Contribute to the development of the social media roadmap and ensure effective prioritization of resources to deliver business needs
- Build relationships with internal teams to drive partnership
- Partner with the rest of the org to act as a consultant, ensuring social data is being appropriately used throughout
- Craft how we synthesize customer data from multiple sources to find opportunities and recommend direction
- Document and implement quality guidelines
- 5-7 years of work experience
- Proven experience contributing to social community ecosystems and service channels, ideally in the customer service space
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and implement new processes and workflows
- Ability to grasp new & changing technologies
- A history of seeing projects to completion and adapting to ongoing business/industry changes
- BS/BA degree or relevant professional experience
- Experience speaking publicly to a large audience, or on behalf of a company
- Be able to multitask and have strong communication skills
- Exhibit a high tolerance for context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to provide effective guidance
- A strong ability to apply knowledge and business judgment to make independent decisions
- Value accountability and take ownership of projects from start to finish
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to independently lead multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to tailor messages for both business and technical audiences; comfort in addressing informal team meetings and delivering prepared presentations to executives/external audiences
- Approach challenges head-on with a positive and engaged attitude
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.