ArtistApply NowApply Later Job ID 935777BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Provide visual feedback across all our products in the form of draw-overs, painter-overs and written notes.
- Problem-solve brand and visual design challenges always working towards visual improvement of our products, characters and worlds.
- Communicate directly with internal Creative and Production Teams, and creative counterparts at our Licensees.
- Create concept designs and sketches for characters and worlds.
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions to develop new game ideas or improve existing ones.
- Research and stay informed on specific brands across TWDC.
- Minimum 2 years gaming and/or mobile experience.
- Ability to create compelling artwork and illustrations.
- Passion for mobile gaming with a clear understanding of game types.
- Proficient 2D art skills with the ability to draw and illustrate characters, environments, and vehicles.
- Artistic knowledge with understanding of forms, materials, composition, perspective, color, anatomy, and lighting.
- Broad knowledge and illustrative styles from photorealism to -stylized.
- Effective researcher that understands how to navigate through search engines to discover the best reference and imagery possible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present feedback and ideas.
- Self-starter reliable, and passionate about their work; committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop.
- Knowledge, experience with 3D modeling (Maya, 3D Max, Sketchup Pro, Rhino, Blender ,etc.).
- Understanding of game engines.
Additional Information:This role is located in San Francisco, CA.
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.