Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Editor (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 623375BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide,Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jan. 03, 2019
Job Summary:The Star Wars editorial team is seeking a responsible, detail-oriented assistant editor based in Lucasfilm’s San Francisco office. The assistant editor will support a group of editors who manage Star Wars book titles across multiple licensees and publishers in a variety of formats. The successful candidate will also edit select novelty and children’s titles including but not limited to coloring/activity and early readers.
- Provide editorial support to the editorial team and creative director
- Edit novelty and children’s titles based on the Star Wars franchise including, but not limited to, Coloring & Activity titles and Early Readers
- Liaise with Lucasfilm asset team to obtain reference for editorial team and talent
- Maintain content library database for internal use
- Assist with routine housekeeping such as fact sheets, data entry, contract requests, etc.
- Report to Lucasfilm Executive Editor
- 2+ years of publishing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, G suite
- Must be able to work out of San Francisco office
- Experience with licensed characters and an interest in pop culture desired
- Must have an undergraduate degree
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Publishing Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.