Assistant Editor (Project Hire)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 752004BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 04, 2020
- Provide editorial support to the editorial team and creative director
- Edit novelty and children’s titles based on the Star Wars franchise including, but not limited to, Coloring & Activity titles and Early Readers
- Liaise with Lucasfilm asset team to obtain reference for editorial team and talent
- Maintain content library database for internal use
- Assist with routine housekeeping such as fact sheets, data entry, contract requests, etc.
- Report to Lucasfilm Executive Editor
- 2+ years of publishing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, G suite
- Must be able to work out of San Francisco office
- Experience with licensed characters and an interest in pop culture desired
- Bachelor's degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.