Associate Brand Art Director - Lucasfilm GamesApply NowApply Later Job ID 775100BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 11, 2021
- Work with external game developers to guide a game's visual progress from concept through to live service.
- Review game art and marketing materials and submission ensuring content is on brand and high-quality.
- Establish high benchmarks and provide recommendations to improve visual design and execution.
- Use paint-overs, mockups and draw-overs of characters and environments to illustrate changes and improvements to game assets.
- Maintain knowledge of the Lucasfilm brand (past and present) across multiple media including: film, streaming, parks, publishing and games.
- Respond to creative and quality issues; identify achievable solutions delivering brand quality while meeting gameplay and production needs.
- Communicate with Creative Supervisor regarding goals, priorities and individual project progress.
- Work with Lucasfilm groups including: Creative, Marketing and Production.
- Research and identify creative new visual styles; provide appropriate recommendations for new products and partners.
- Partner with Art Coordinator to pull reference applicable to products.
- Develop style guides and presentations for all IP; design and develop for internal creative collateral for franchise business development and brand guidelines.
- Attend screenings, conferences and summits; share relevant insights and information with all teams.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions to identify new game experiences or opportunities.
- Meet with game developers to collaborate on specific project requirements, progress and goals.
- Portfolio or demo reel is required; creative ability test may be requested.
- 7+ years gaming experience on a mobile, console or pc product; experience with new mediums AR and VR.
- 7+ years of experience working on branded licensed products.
- Open to direction; act on recommendations to achieve signoff.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the Star Wars and Lucasfilm heritage brand; broad understanding of current and past Star Wars properties across multiple lines of business including: theatrical, streaming, parks, publishing and games.
- Experience with game development including: art creation processes (both 2D and 3D), technology requirements and advancements, trade-offs and challenges associated with development.
- Excellent knowledge of art and visual design principles and techniques regarding character and environment design, rendering, color and animation.
- Draftsmanship skills with the ability to draw and digitally paint characters, environments and structures.
- Create graphics, layout banners, edit media and light 3d models.
- Creatively oversee and guide projects from beginning to end with little assistance while keeping creative supervisor updated on product progress.
- Experience evaluating creative challenges and providing credible and achievable solutions.
- Experience operate tactically to implement against a project's goals.
- Passionate about your work and committed to your discipline and its challenges.
- Full-time work schedule with additional hours during product launches and when working with international partners.
- Receptive to domestic and international travel
- Proficient and knowledgeable about Macs, PCs, game consoles and peripherals.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Final Cut Pro or equivalent editing media program.
- Experience with a 3D package (Maya, 3DS Max) and with game engines (Unreal, Unity).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.