Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Brand Marketing Manager (Lucasfilm Games)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 637394BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 19, 2019
- Work hand-in-hand with licensed partners to manage publishing campaigns spanning:
- Product marketing plans, including product positioning, campaign strategies, creative briefs, and more over a broad portfolio of products.
- Communication and public relations strategy; work to dial in strategic product-specific messaging particular to each individual licensee and game title.
- Asset submission and approvals process, meticulously managing all elements submitted by licensing partners to make up the campaigns with active support from our Marketing Coordinator.
- All digital plans, across every element that is required to launch and maintain living partner social media channels and websites like blogs, assets, post copy, creative execution, and more.
- Manage asset and other creative marketing material development lifecycle (key art, trailers, TVCs, screenshots, product copy, websites, etc.) with key internal and external stakeholders from a brand perspective making sure all executions are innovative and differentiated, while remaining true to the product and overall Star Wars brand.
- Leverage the expertise of key cross-functional teams such as Games Production and other key franchise groups including Marketing, Public Relations, Story, and Creative Services during all stages of product development to ensure the smooth flow of information, materials, and communication required for a successful product launch.
- Collaborate with Lucasfilm’s digital team to leverage owned media channels such as StarWars.com, the Star Wars show, and Star Wars social media to develop original content and ensure products are getting maximum exposure in the broader franchise conversations and digital touch points.
- Represent owned titles in major annual franchise activities like May the Fourth and Star Wars Celebration to strategize participation opportunities, and work with licensing partners on execution.
- Escalate any potential partner or approval issues while managing product risk.
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance.
- 2-4 years in marketing and/or brand management experience with proven success at developing and executing product launches.
- 3+ years in games industry desired; mobile and console experience is a plus.
- Must have broad experience and understanding of all facets of the marketing discipline including market research, product positioning, promotions, and distribution.
- Excellent organization and project management skills, outstanding written and oral communication skills, ability to manage multiple and changing priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to balance solid strategic thinking and flawless execution in a fast-paced environment.
- Should be a team player, have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to develop strong relationships with internal and external parties.
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to work independently. Strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and maintain composure and tact under pressure.
- Four-year degree in a related field desired.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.