Associate Media Delivery Operator (Part-Time)
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 781792BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 19, 2021
Job Summary:The Media Delivery team at Disney Streaming Services is responsible for the entire audio and video encoding supply chain from content acquisition to delivery, consisting of agile and responsive teams of technicians that perform the daily processes and procedures of our live and on-demand video streaming products. The department’s responsibilities provide round-the-clock support for these products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms and front-end playback scenarios. The Media Delivery Operations team provides operational and procedural support for our partner products, including system health monitoring and incident management, live and VOD streaming media orchestration, and cross-team communications.
As an Associate Media Delivery Operator, you will work with a small but dynamic team of people responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting the ingestion pipeline. This position requires a highly organized individual with strong analytical skills. A video or film background is preferred, but not required. You will spend most of your time monitoring the ingestion pipeline and making sure that assets received are complete and ready for streaming. You will write incident tickets for anything that needs remediation and track those tickets to completion. Your job may require you to assist in visual QC of some assets, so you should be able to recognize basic audio and video issues.
- Works with the larger coordinator team to ensure that our ingest pipeline and post-production workflows are functioning properly.
- Troubleshoots and debugs encoding issues, and escalates to appropriate operations team members
- Monitors the overall health of the ingest pipeline and supply chain
- Handles ad-hoc projects at the request of a coordinator or manager.
- Flexible hours, but must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Availability and willingness to work up to 28 hours per week.
- Knowledge of video fundamentals
- Basic understanding of different codecs and video delivery methods, including but not limited to: H.264, DVCPRO HD, ProRes and HLS
- Experience working with media encoding platforms
- Basic understanding of FTP and Aspera
- QC video assets for video/audio fidelity
- Basic understanding of XML
- Understanding of the principles of a Digital Asset Management system
- Comfortable working with DSS staff around the country.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational skills, must be able to track large scale projects and keep teams updated on status.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.