Associate Producer - Expression of Interest San Francisco, CAApply Now Apply Later Job ID o7pC8fw0 Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jun. 10, 2020
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
- With input from Supervisors and VFX Producer, proactively plan for work intended to be outsourced and also look for opportunities to send work to vendors when there are capacity constraints at ILM and Singapore.
- Help identify vendors appropriate for body of work.
- Prepare vendor bidding packages, spearhead vendor cost analysis and weekly cost reporting as needed.
- Work with Global Production and Business Affairs to award work to vendors.
- Serve as point person for vendor communication. Proactively problem-solve and raise concerns in all aspects of vendor relations.
- Manage change order process.
- Create, organize and maintain project schedule for all work executed at our 3PPs.
- Manage the budget and EFC for all vendor work. Meet or exceed budget and schedule targets.
- Provide support as liaison with vendors for technical and creative issues that arise to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to.
- Manage assigned production crew on a daily basis including directing Coordinators and Production Assistants to ensure all show needs are met.
- Act as default leader when Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged, responsible for directing ‘2nd lieutenant’ level duties with the production crew.
- Run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting may or may not be required, and would be left to the discretion of the Producer. In partnership with Producer, check EFC to make sure work is on budget.
- Manage client contact related to 3PP work and when Producer is absent or unavailable
- Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots as needed
- Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production as needed
- Special projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Seven years minimum work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Linux a plus
- Strong scheduling and budgeting experience required
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.