Associate ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10009272 Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Walt Disney Company’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits deliver.
Disney Streaming encompasses the teams leading the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ streaming services within Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment, sports, and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love, while driving the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
The role of Lucasfilm Online is to be the central hub and resident experts in the Lucasfilm portfolio of brands from the digital perspective. We are the first-line of defense regarding content ideas, brand strategy, and content creation and partnership on behalf of Lucasfilm and DMED. Our team is composed of 3 key groups focusing on Strategy & Planning(Social & Editorial), Content (Digital Content), and Platform Operations(Program Management).
This department is the foundational social & digital infrastructure responsible for programming, analyzing, maintaining, publishing, producing and ultimately growing audiences across all digital platforms for Lucasfilm, Star Wars, and their respective franchises/businesses. We support an evolving multiplatform and multi-vertical franchise business with tentpole events throughout the year.
The Associate Producer works with the Lucasfilm Social & Digital Content team to ensure content and productions are operating in an organized and efficient manner. This role is a key collaborator and process manager for production management, physical production planning, Star Wars Celebration and live streaming events under the management of a Sr. Producer.
• Lead pre-production scheduling, determining number of days, schedule shoot dates, and determine call times; manage production schedules and timelines
• Manage identification and purchasing of all supplies or props needed for productions including themed set decoration, curation and volume
• Manage trafficking of updated video assets and graphics; documenting in an Editorial and Production tracker
• Manage and create Production and Release schedules/tracking for all productions and video content through shared system between Editorial/Social, Site, Digital Content in Monday.com/AirTable and Google sheets/docs
• Create release and post-production schedule for content
• Facilitate assets from internal lines of business and manage formatting, distributing, scheduling
• Assist in scheduling of set prep and strike, including set dressing, wrapping cables, etc.
• Enter talent info into visitor system for onsite shoot, including Special Event Requests with LDAC
• Ad hoc production support such as: wardrobe, prop-making, catering, set-up and striking of gear, Review and provide notes on rough cuts of episodes
• Running audio or monitoring cameras during shoots, offer directorial/script suggestions and problem-solving during shoot, occasional on-camera appearance
• Create JIRA tickets for clearance review and approval of content
• Generate and process onboarding paperwork and time card for talent in addition to processing production related reimbursements (travel/meal) and accommodations for talent
• Develop and approve creation of all agreements including but not limited to: Vendor, Performer, Writer, Crew, & Location agreements; Material and Likeness Releases, NDAs, and Permits
• Manage relationships with Risk Management/Safety, Animals in Film & TV etc for approval on productions
• Manage creation of Legal JIRA tickets for clearance approval on all video content (except for This Week! In Star Wars and List It!)
• Oversee schedule and facilitate kick-off meetings with Legal to flag any potential issues with productions
• Manage process with HR and Legal for any use of Disney employees as talent; communicate rates to talent with Legal oversight
Budget Planning & Fiscal Management
• Manage Content team budget planning including all production budget creation, overall team budget tracking
• Manage all processes for: PO creation, invoice payment, W-9 and vendor tax forms, P-card payments and reporting
• Develop freelancer new hire onboarding and payroll forms and weekly freelancer payroll
● 2+ years’ work experience in digital and social production to include strong working knowledge of post-production/VFX techniques and terminology
● Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel
● Familiarity with Google Suite, AirTable, Monday.com, and other collaboration and production management tools
● Master with project management tools, including Confluence, JIRA, Smartsheets, AirTable, ZenDesk
● Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines
● Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities, and work within strict deadlines
● Experience with Legal, Budget, Payroll preferred
● Demonstrated experience working for a global brand/franchise
● Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills
● Ability to build and foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
● Resourceful self-starter, highly organized and able to work cross-functionally, understand key players, communicate effectively and gain alignment
Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field or equivalent work experience required
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.