Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate ProducerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 502179BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted Nov. 14, 2017
Job Summary:The Associate Producer will be responsible for supporting the review and approval of interactive products that incorporate Lucasfilm IP, such as Star Wars film and television properties, across all digital platforms, including but not limited to: Mobile (iOS, Android, Windows), Console (Sony PS3/PS4, Microsoft Xbox 360/One, Nintendo Wii U), Handheld Gaming Devices (Nintendo DS/3DS, Sony PSP/Vita), PC/Mac, and physical arcade units. The Associate Producer may serve as lead on a small slate of products in development and/or live products, under the supervision of a Producer, partnering with internal and external partners to deliver innovative, high quality/brand-enhancing products.
- Support Sr. Producer/Executive Producer in the management of the approval process of interactive projects from concept to final release and live service product updates through product lifecycle, ensuring the timely delivery of Lucasfilm feedback to meet production deadlines.
- Support heavy slate of projects, ensuring timely review of submissions across design, art and development builds.
- May serve as product lead for a slate of smaller products in development and/or products in live service.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure maximum brand equity in Lucasfilm IP that deliver innovative, high quality/brand-enhancing products.
- Participate in weekly production, art and story meetings, ensuring timely follow up on action items.
- Work closely with Brand QA leads to coordinate review of development builds within prescribed deadlines.
- Facilitate collaboration throughout the production process with Franchise Management, Story, Marketing, Digital Asset Management, and Legal teams.
- 4+ years of related game producing or software development experience with at least one shipped title.
- Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering work on-time.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on building productive and positive relationships with external partners, managers, and peers.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills; attention to detail.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Able to Identify/assess risks and strategies to mitigate and escalate as necessary.
- Able to cope well and perform under pressure working to strict deadlines and schedules.
- A team thinker – able to work within a team and to actively work to make that team perform cohesively.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of all MS Office applications (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and database software (including Jira).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.