Associate Virtual Production Producer - Expression of Interest 2 LocationsApply NowApply Later Job ID oMnrdfwx Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 05, 2020
The Associate Virtual Production Producer will partner with the Producer to bid, schedule and manage Virtual Production projects across ILM, including Medusa, Anyma, Motion Capture and Stagecraft workflows on ILM stages and in our Volumes. Functions as the Producer’s “right hand,” stepping up to assume Producer duties as required and keeping a direct line of communication with internal stakeholders - technology, talent management, production accounting, VFX Production teams, etc on all aspects of the Virtual Production projects. The Associate Virtual Production Producer reports to the Producer on a daily basis to show specific tasks.
What you’ll do
- With input from VFX Supervisors and Producer, proactively plan for work related to Virtual Production and Stagecraft shoots and content creation - including technology and pipeline development, performance capture needs, talent and staffing considerations, capacity planning, etc.
- With oversight from the Producer, serve as point person for assigned Virtual Production and or Stagecraft projects to ensure all aspects of project planning are covered and ready for hand-off to the execution production team upon award
- In partnership with the Producer, proactively identify areas that require process definition and improvement - look for opportunities to establish workflows and best practices
- Act as default leader when the Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged, responsible for directing ‘2nd lieutenant’ level duties with the Virtual Production and Stagecraft stakeholders across ILM
- Run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting is required, with oversight and direction from the Producer
- Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots may be required
- Special projects as requested
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required
- Proven work experience in VFX production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Linux a plus
- Strong scheduling and budgeting experience required
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.