Back End Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 885803BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 09, 2021
We are looking for an experienced Backend Services Software Engineer who can partner with product managers, project managers, developers and product designers, across the Product and Customer Service organizations to deliver the best end-to-end customer experience: developing in-house automation tooling to support operations, enhancing the online Partner Portal, suggesting smart resolutions, and innovating the tools that customer’s use to certify and deploy the Disney suite of apps for OTT delivery.
Your success depends upon:
- Your passion about product development, self-driven, highly motivated and you enjoy the independence of managing projects on your own
- You care about the customer experience and have experience building services that support consumer facing applications
- Your ability to be collaborative and enjoy working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- Diligence, thoughtfulness, and have great oral and written communication skills
- Making wise choices and take smart risks when dealing with ambiguous requirements
- Proactivity and ability to move fast or pivot to meet the changing needs of the product
- Curiosity about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies
- Enjoying problem solving and can use everything from data analysis to command line tools to help you identify and fix issues
- Back-end software development
- Engineering team agile process participation
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Customer-facing experience required.
- 2-3 years of development experience required
- REST web API experience required
- Experience with AWS cloud technology required – SNS/SQS/Kinesis/ECS/Lambda
- Experience with Event driven systems architectures (reactive design)
- Experience with containerized & serverless applications
- Experience working to support well-performing web-based user interfaces
- Experience building services using REST, GraphQL & WebSockets
- Practical knowledge and relevant experience deploying web services in cloud infrastructure
- Experience writing unit tests / implementing test driven development processes
- Experience with languages: Scala (primary), Java, Python
- Experience with storage technologies: DynamoDB, RDBMS, NoSQL
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.