Already applied?View Dashboard
Brand Art Coordinator (Lucasfilm Games)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 643353BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 08, 2019
Job Summary:The Lucasfilm Franchise Games Creative Team is seeking a Brand Art Coordinator. This unique position requires someone who is a driven, multi-tasking, creative individual. Must be highly organized and has a strong knowledge of the creative and art process. It’s required to understand the importance of effectively keep the process moving through administrative supportive. The position is the organizational backbone of the art department and this individual should have amazing people skills with a solid understanding the creative priorities and a desire to improve process.
- Assist the Creative Director, Brand Associate Art Director and artist toward the completion of their department task and project goals.
- Provides art support such as research, Internal archive asset pulls, scanning, photo documenting, meeting scribing and presentation design work as needed. Also oversee printing for art reviews and art boards by logging, plot printing, mounting art in digital and hard copy versions, and color correcting concept images.
- Responsible for daily operation of the War Room and presentation board mounting and archiving. This includes light computer and printer maintenance; login and tracking facilities, IT and Work Place Service issues through to completion. In addition, responsible for maintaining list of people security access to room based on confidential materials.
- Responsible for keeping creative supplies maintained (art mounting materials, plotter paper, external storage and magazine subscriptions).
- Responsible for overseeing department shipping needs by preparing, tracking and receiving both domestic and international shipments; and assisting with food and office supply orders.
- Responsible for archival asset management of the games server, disc backups and external Iron Mountain physical archives. This includes pulling content and supplying to the Games Marketing & Production Team and external department request.
- Administrative support for travel booking, expense management and calendar coordination for the Creative Director.
- Lightly support the Creative Director on the Lucasfilm and Star Wars brand guidelines.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the department by identifying efficiencies and best practices.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the Star Wars brand (past and present) across multiple media including: film, television, parks, editorial, and games. In addition, must maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the gaming and digital industry.
- Participate on special projects as assigned.
- 3+ years of professional creative work experience preferred.
- If selected as final candidate then a creative ability test could be required.
- Experience and knowledge of creative processes and best practices in the game industry.
- Must have the ability to be flexible with changing work initiatives, coordinate multiple projects and multi-task efficiently within a fast paced and high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter that is able to problem solve autonomously and in group settings; ability to evaluate administrative creative challenges and provide credible and achievable solutions.
- Demonstrate ability to work with minimal supervision while having the ability to take direction and ask questions.
- Passion for video games and an enthusiasm for the Star Wars brand; broad understanding of current and past Star Wars properties across multiple lines of business including: parks, editorial, film, television, and games.
- Must be tech savvy! Proficiency required in Macs/PCs, peripherals hardware and software knowledgeable. Requirements: Adobe creative suite, Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Apps, Apple Keynote and Apple Final Cut Pro or equivalent editing media program is a must. Bonus experience but not required 3D package (Maya, 3DS Max, etc.) and game engines.
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time.
- Full-time work schedule with additional hours as needed during product launches or when working with international partners.
- Limited but infrequent travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in art administration or related field. Or, equivalent relevant work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.