Brand Marketing Manager-Lucasfilm GamesApply NowApply Later Job ID 771656BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 19, 2021
The Marketing Manager owns a portfolio of products within the Games and Interactive Experiences business and helps each licensee successfully create/execute go-to-market plans that build brand awareness, engage consumers, and drive conversions through thoughtful brand storytelling, data-driven insights, and creative innovation – all grounded in a consumer-centric integrated marketing approach.
The Marketing Manager plays an important role within the global Disney Games and Interactive Experiences business with responsibility/oversight for a portfolio of titles and is a strategic/creative marketer with the ability to blend the qualitative and quantitative aspects of marketing to craft a great story.
- Own a portfolio of titles within the global Disney Games and Interactive Experiences and ensure the successful launch and live operations of these titles in partnership with licensees
- Act as the day-to-day lead with licensees in reviewing marketing materials, providing insightful guidance/feedback, and managing/approving go-to-market plans, creative assets, and marketing activations
- Be a strong brand steward for Disney, Lucasfilm and Star Wars brands, especially in providing insights/support to licensees and managing executions to ensure flawless marketing and creative implementations
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights with licensees to identify market opportunities that inform and help shape player personas/target audiences, positioning, go-to-market plans, creative development, and campaign activations
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, competitive market, business opportunities, etc.
- Analyze performance of marketing campaigns with licensees regularly to identify areas of optimization and make actionable recommendations
- Implement industry best practices with licensees and strive to uphold benchmarks across all marketing campaigns
- Deliver on innovative and performance driven Disney Marketing campaigns that extend reach, increase awareness, and result in meaningful brand deposits
- Cultivate strong relationships with licensees to facilitate communication
- Partner closely with internal cross-functional teams (Production, PR, Franchise, Legal and more) to leverage their expertise throughout all stages of product development.
- Serve as the internal brand champion for licensees to help garner support for plans across TWDC
- Collaborate with regional teams to implement global strategy via meaningful local campaigns
- Present marketing updates to Executives and broader Games and Franchise Teams
- Create marketing pitch decks, presentation materials, internal plans, and post-mortems
- 3-5+ years of experience in Marketing, combined with 2+ years of working in Online/Media Entertainment (preferably within the gaming industry)
- Goal-oriented strategic/creative thinker with a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Demonstrated success in brand management, product marketing, user acquisition, and social/community marketing strategies/campaigns
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to translate qualitative/quantitative data into actionable insights that tell a story
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence and “sell” strategies to a wide audience set
- Resourceful problem-solver with a can-do attitude; works well under pressure
- Highly organized, detail-oriented project manager; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Keynote/PowerPoint; the ability to creatively tell a story in a compelling way
- Working knowledge of 3rd party tools used to source app market data and competitive insights
- Passion for the entertainment industry with a focus on interactive and gaming strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.