Already applied?View Dashboard
Brand Marketing ManagerApply Now Job ID 424516BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Job Posting Company Disney Interactive Job Posting Area Disney Interactive Date posted 06/21/2017
The Lucasfilm Games team is looking for a seasoned Brand Marketing Manager to manage multiple Star Wars video game titles on console and mobile, working with licensees on cutting edge 360 publishing campaigns. In concert with the Marketing team, this person will act as the primary liaison to a wide array of stakeholders across Lucasfilm franchise, Disney, external licensing partners, and the greater Games team to ensure successful go to market executions, while remaining on brand and championing overall franchise priorities to extend reach and market share of the Star Wars IP.Apply Now
- Work hand-in-hand with licensed partners to manage 360 publishing campaigns spanning:
- Product marketing plans, including product positioning, campaign strategies, creative briefs, and more over a broad portfolio of products.
- Communication and public relations strategy, working to dial in strategic product-specific messaging particular to each individual licensee and game title.
- Asset submission and approvals process, meticulously managing all elements submitted by licensing partners to make up the 360 campaigns with active support from our Marketing Coordinator.
- All digital plans, across every element that is required to launch and maintain living partner social media channels and websites like blogs, assets, post copy, creative execution, and more.
- Manage asset and other creative marketing material development lifecycle (key art, trailers, TVCs, screenshots, product copy, websites, etc.) with key internal and external stakeholders from a brand perspective making sure all executions are innovative and differentiated, while remaining true to the product and overall Star Wars brand.
- Leverage the expertise of key cross-functional teams such as Games Production and other key franchise groups including Marketing, Public Relations, Story, and Creative Services during all stages of product development to ensure the smooth flow of information, materials, and communication required for a successful product launch.
- Collaborate with Lucasfilm’s digital team to leverage owned media channels such as StarWars.com, the Star Wars show, and Star Wars social media to develop original content and ensure products are getting maximum exposure in the broader franchise conversations and digital touch points.
- Represent owned titles in major annual franchise activities like May the Fourth and Star Wars Celebration to strategize participation opportunities, and work with licensing partners on execution.
- Present marketing updates to Lucasfilm executives, and broader Games and franchise teams.
- Escalate any potential partner or approval issues while managing product risk.
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance.
- 5+ years in marketing and/or brand management with proven success at developing and executing product launches and retention programs.
- 3+ years in games industry desired; console and entertainment experience is a plus.
- Must have broad experience and understanding of all facets of the marketing discipline including market research, product positioning, promotions, and distribution.
- Excellent organization and project management skills, outstanding written and oral communication skills, ability to manage multiple and changing priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to balance solid strategic thinking and flawless execution in a fast-paced environment.
- Should be a team player, have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to develop strong relationships with internal and external parties.
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to work independently. Strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and maintain composure and tact under pressure.