Contract Administrator-CastingApply NowApply Later Job ID 788289BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
This position has flexibility to be in San Francisco or Los Angeles.
Our Business Affairs/Legal team is looking for a team player who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Contract Administrator-Casting is responsible for coordinating with casting, physical production, post-production, business & legal affairs, labor, contract administration, credits and other internal and external teams during pre-production, production, and post-production in connection with the engagement and crediting of performers, including actors, stunt performers and singers.
- Act as primary/initial point of contact between Lucasfilm and talent agents and attorneys with respect to non-Schedule F actor contracts
- Draft all non-Schedule F (actor, stunt performer, pilot, singer, dancer, looping) contracts and send them to the production office and/or the actor’s representative(s) for signature
- Work with production attorneys to prepare and negotiate riders to such agreements as necessary; responsible for ensuring agreements are signed and processed in accordance w/ Lucasfilm policies
- Work with other groups, including Studio Engineering, in the continuing development of a Casting Administration internal database/website to ensure project, performer and agent information is complete, including contact information, deal points, credit, role, etc.
- Analyze and update forms and templates to improve the efficiency of teams
- Review project-specific cast contracts to ensure accuracy of contracts, signature, and payments for original films
- Advise post-production and accounting on cast contract requirements when moving, splitting, and deleting scenes, and ADR payments
- Advise and educate producers, casting, production, finance, post-production and production legal (in-house and external) of the requirements under the SAG-AFTRA (and/or other performer unions) contracts (including consecutive employment, minimum rates, OT, post days, etc.)
- Draft, review and obtain signatures of all Looping contracts, and enable access to signed agreements to all internal stakeholders
- At least 5 years of directly relevant work experience, preferably in TV/series
- Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills
- Thorough knowledge of SAG-AFTRA Collective Bargaining Agreements, especially the Television Agreement
- Prior experience working with G Suite and Google Sheets preferred
- BA/BS preferred
- Clear and concise interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across functions, think practically and be solution-oriented
- Ability to respond positively to change and be respectful of new ideas
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
- Ability to embrace and advocate cultural diversity
- Flexible, innovative, and solution driven team player
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.