Already applied?View Dashboard
Communications CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 604594BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Oct. 31, 2018
Job Summary:Do you like variety and a fast-paced environment? Are you great at keeping multiple balls in the air? The Lucasfilm Communications Coordinator is a vital role in the company, assisting with internal communications, company Public Relations (PR) activities and internal events. You would never be bored in this role!
You will help communicate news and events to employees, help plan fun and engaging internal events to enrich our culture, contribute content for social media, website, intranet and other communication channels, as well as coordinate Make-A-Wish visits, an incredibly valuable and rewarding partnership for Lucasfilm.
Responsibilities:This role focuses mainly on internal communications, corporate PR initiatives and coordinating community relations activities, acting as an ambassador and liaison with internal and external groups as well as coordinating companywide projects and events. The Communications Coordinator is an integral part of the Lucasfilm Publicity team. We work at a fast pace, so someone who can juggle a lot of moving pieces and has a keen eye for detail and organization is key.
Variety is the key word for the Communications Coordinator. On any given day, you might:
- Write and disseminate internal company communications, including emails, intranet, digital screen and website content.
- Maintain editorial calendar for corporate communications channels.
- Support the planning and execution of companywide events and employee programs, as well as draft supporting communications for approval and distribution.
- Support internal and external publicity & communications projects.
- As part of the core corporate social media team, contribute content for social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram) and monitor online communities.
- Maintain and update various press and internal distribution lists as needed, as well as internal trackers and databases.
- Provide campus tours for VIPs, partners, executives and external groups and visitors.
- Coordinate tours and logistics for large groups visiting Lucasfilm.
- Work closely with external charitable partners and organizations, including providing tours for charitable partners and families, as well as coordinating quarterly charity screenings.
- Act as Lucasfilm liaison to Disney Corporate Citizenship and Make-A-Wish Foundation, and coordinate local community relations initiatives in partnership with HR (e.g. Back to School, Earth Month, Holiday Toy Drive and more).
- Assist Communications Manager in supporting multiple departments, including marketing, fan relations, HR, security, business affairs, IT and other key departments with communications needs.
- Support Communications Manager with creation of Keynote presentations and other materials for company meetings and events.
- Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, screening and routing PR hotline phone calls, managing calendars, entering facilities requests, processing invoices, scheduling meetings and shipping needs.
- Assist with special projects and events as needed.
Basic Qualifications:Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 2 years in-house or agency PR experience required; experience in a corporate environment preferred; entertainment industry experience a plus
- Experience in interacting with all levels of management, including executive management
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Keynote
- Proficient in internet-based research and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to assure successful interaction with fans, senior executives, internal partners, and various external contacts
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to exercise good judgment and use discretion
- A self-starter - ability to take initiative and proactively problem solve
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Proven experience in multi-tasking and working with multiple people and priorities
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated flexibility and professionalism in an environment where change is constant
- Detail oriented
- Enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic
- Good customer service skills and excellent telephone manner
- General knowledge and/or experience in the entertainment industry
- Ability to work overtime and occasional weekend work
Preferred EducationA college degree in Public Relations, Communications, English or Journalism or a related field preferred. Please be prepared to provide writing samples.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.