Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Community Engagement Internship, KGO-TV/ABC7 - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 710371BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 03, 2019
We want to help make our region an even better place to live. So we dedicate more time, resources, and reporting to the major stories that impact your quality of life. From housing, to schools, and frustrating commutes, ABC7's goal is to bring you greater perspective on the challenges facing our neighborhoods right now. We promise to dig deeper and find solutions to help Build a Better Bay Area.
The Marketing/Community Engagement intern is part of KGO-TV’s College Student Program. The intern will learn aspects of broadcast television and digital production skills, with a focus on video, audio, photography, writing and design for marketing, community engagement, and news content.
You’ll work with other teams on various projects throughout the internship, including News, Programming, Sales, and President/General Manager’s office.
You’ll also respond to public requests
- During first 30 days: Learn and connect. Understand the company's mission and learn the production workflow in order to contribute to content creation.
- By month three: Support content producers, assist on shoots and events, and write copy for digital platforms.
- By month six: Produce content with supervision, identify areas where you could bring a fresh perspective.
- Bring your enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism every day.
- Be able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Creating content on variety of social media platforms.
- Passion for storytelling.
- Ability to engage an audience, both in person and on digital platforms.
- Video production and editing skills preferred
· At least 18 years of age
· Unrestricted work authorization
· Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in San Francisco, CA.
· Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
· The approximate dates of this internship are January 2020 through May 2020
· Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.